• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Sony intends to acquire CD Projekt Red and Days Gone 2 in development

bender

What time is it?
Ah yeah. You're right. Fuck that guy though. He owes me money.

He paid you back, just not in money.

giphy.gif

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I don't know why you'd ever want to sell your company to the business that switched your biggest game off their store front for months. Sure cyberpunk was pretty fucked but Sony cut them off just so they didn't have to entertain a proper refund policy on their store.

reksveks

The thing is that it was leaked just before the announcement (it was expected to be announced on Monday basically). And it leaked on Friday.
Yeah, and I can't remember if they (either party) said anything straight away but they definitely didn't deny it at any point.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
This post-showcase copium is getting a bit embarassing.
What do you mean? After Sony announces their real showcase next month, where we'll see Sony's true next-gen games that make the UE5 tech demo look like nothing, and where they'll announce their acquisitions of Capcom, Square Enix, EA, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, and Disney, it's Jim Ryan's doubters who'll be embarrassed.

Jokes aside, I haven't seen the PlayStation community is such disarray in nearly two generations, since the PS3 days. For all the gloating the extreme members of the community like to do when Microsoft cops some bad PR, they really are exceptionally fragile the moment Sony delivers its first proper dud in years.

DarthPutin

how is this still going?
If obvious stupidity of the rumor didn't stop us, I don't see why everyone involved's strict denial should stop us. At this point it can go on forever.

BTW, why would CDPR need to buy IP of a game with lukewarm critical acceptance and nice, but middling sales? Can't they come up with their own lackluster version of "zombies x ...."?

ManaByte

Gold Member

"Nothing has changed on our end. I can repeat what we've been saying throughout the years - CD Projekt is not for sale. We want to remain independent", Adam Kicinski said on a conference call following first-quarter results

CDPR issued an official press release debunking it.

Dodo123

Found the where this "perception" may have come from. In 2016 CD Project Red received a 116M Zolty fund from Poland's National Center for Research of Development.

but also... FAKE NEWS
Yes, what you wrote is not true AGAIN. Keep spreading lies! :)

Nevertheless, I know what happened and can only say that grants are common around the world. What is available in Poland for the developers is nearly nothing and doesn't even compare to the money donated to devs by governments in other countries. Yet, we don't see such comments when we discuss games created by companies from Germany, other EU countries, the UK, Canada etc.

Top Bottom