• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 set to release 27th of October

HL3.exe

They ll surely just re-announce it.
Would be stupid to release it in the crowded year.

But... It would make this year stand out even more as one of those years with a lot of great big budget releases.

TOTK
Baldur's Gate 3
Starfield
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Diablo IV
Alan Wake II
Street Fighter 6
Jedi Survivor
Spiderman 2
Hi-fi Rush
System Shock Remake
Amnesia The bunker
Dead Space Remake

Etc etc

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
Unless they have some really weird marketing experiment going on, a release this close is highly unlikely. It hasn't even been officially (re)announced yet and October is right around the corner, so to speak. It's not enough time to do marketing. And I doubt that Paradox are gonna shadow drop this game.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
not-a-great-plan-iron-man.gif

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
That would be out of left field after disappearing for so long. I've had a lot of my faith and hype for this project crushed by all the dev hell, but here's hoping it comes out interesting.

Take your pick:

-Epic Exclusive aka no user input, will run like shit, nobody will know.
-Early Access Epic Exclusive same as above
-Early Access Steam - not a bad idea tbh, worked well for a lot of RPG's, great for user input.
-Steam stealth release - highly unlikely and it if it does, its probably UE4 and it will run like dogshit

Either these or its just the date for when they release a trailer announcing the actual date.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I bought it on sale at Epic years ago. I thought I would never see the money again. Now the game only has to be good.

Dane

Either a mistake or they are dumping it, I was just thinking yesterday how red flags back in the 128 bits to HD gen were: 2-3 months from announcement to release and small size.

Dazraell

Gold Member
I'm really curious if this will be true and if the developer who will be announced in September will be The Chinese Room. There was this post on RPG Codex made back in 2021 which stated that the new studio was given two years to finish this. Releasing it in 2023 would track

Here's the entire thing about it:

1. The Chinese Room is in fact the new studio for Bloodlines 2. This wasn't The Chinese Room's choice. This was Sumo, their parent company's choice. Some in the studio aren't happy with this due to being treated like a boutique studio who can turn around some disaster into an RPG but they're trying hence why they're going on a hiring spree for a new branch they've opened up.

2. Hardsuit Labs sent Bloodlines 2 in a over a thousand zipped files that were randomly numbered. Some say it was because Hardsuit Labs were disorganized. Others say they did it as a "fuck you." Either way, the final verdict on Hardsuit's game from Paradox was "not fun." Others say it was a "total disaster."

3. The Chinese Room are going to try to re-use whatever assets they can. The writing, the missions, the characters are all being done from scratch. I don't know if they're going to keep some of the characters that have been shown off to the public but basically, it's safe to expect a different story set in Seattle.

4. Like any project hand-over, most of it had to be thrown out. The lighting from Hardsuit's version was, "completely fucking broken."

5. Hardsuit did """"""""finish"""""""" the game. It was technically playable from beginning to end and content complete.

6. The Chinese Room has got like ~2ish years to get this game out the door. Mostly junior staff are working on it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I would be really surprised if they turned around this game this quickly. I thought they would have to start from scratch like MP4. If so then that is a very professional and well-run studio.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

I still think this license belong in the hands of CDPR, wish they could just get their hands on it, at least a chance to make 1 game, i can see it being a hit, trade it for Cyberpunk.

Perrott

I'm really curious if this will be true and if the developer who will be announced in September will be The Chinese Room. There was this post on RPG Codex made back in 2021 which stated that the new studio was given two years to finish this. Releasing it in 2023 would track

Here's the entire thing about it:
Well, The Chinese Room just announced an entirely new game two months ago at the Xbox showcase and I doubt they'd have been able to do so if the team were all hands on deck trying to get Bloodlines 2 out the door.

In my opinion, it'll be some other studio.

A.Romero

They want to send it to die, then.

Such a disappointment. What a way to burn a pretty cool IP.

They screwed it up with Bloodhunt too. I really don't get it, World of Darkness is such a cool world to build games upon. I'd settle with a well done AA game even.

KiteGr

My take on it....
  • It's gonna be as unfinished as the 1rst game.
  • It's gonna be woke as fuck. No schoolgirls with katanas.
  • It's gonna bomb.

Hope for the best.
Prepare for the worst.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
even if its real, i think the game will pander to some political crap, hopefully not.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I’ll buy this trash. The original is too good to not give this a chance. If it ends up being poop in a box thats fine I have wasted money on dumber things before.

TwinB242

Weren't they basically rebuilding huge swaths of the game from scratch? I don't expect them to release it that soon, especially since they haven't talked about it at all recently.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Well, The Chinese Room just announced an entirely new game two months ago at the Xbox showcase and I doubt they'd have been able to do so if the team were all hands on deck trying to get Bloodlines 2 out the door.

In my opinion, it'll be some other studio.

They still have an unnanounced game on their website. But yeah, we will see next week who is making it as Paradox is planning its re-reveal

Top Bottom