• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor's of first Switch Price drop ready to drop on the masses ($50-

Marty-McFly

Banned
After 5 years, and Switch having it's second best fiscal Q1, it looks like we may be seeing a price drop.

Source is a reliable twitter account with proven retail sources. A pricecut of the Switch will be officially announced Monday, cutting it from 329€ in France to around 270€.

A pricecut this big is unlikely to be exclusive to a single region, so it's looking probable that it's worldwide.

This would amount to about 50-60€, meaning the Switch could be sold at 250$ starting next week.

This only concerns the the regular Switch model.

Lite is reportedly staying at its current price.

Could this have to do with OLED becoming the main SKU?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Interesting. Very interesting.

Following the Switch's moves is definitely interesting cuz its such a unique machine with really crazy sales stories surrounding it.

Breaking records, unprecedented software sales, no price drop yet, etc.

Fascinating machine with fascinating sales stories.

I wonder what a price drop would do for it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I honestly have a hard time believing this. It makes no sense to do a price drop when it regularly sells out.

Marty-McFly

Banned
I honestly have a hard time believing this. It makes no sense to do a price drop when it regularly sells out.
If they want to clear inventory and make the Switch OLED the main SKU it makes perfect sense.

OLED is only a month away.

What will be interesting is if the Switch OLED drops to $300 once inventory is cleared or stays at $350.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
If they want to clear inventory and make the Switch OLED the main SKU it makes perfect sense.

OLED is only a month away.

What will be interesting is if the Switch OLED drops to $300 once inventory is cleared or stays at $350.
It still doesn't make sense. If it sells out regularly, the inventory will clear itself out at $300, especially with Xmas around the corner. What would be the point in having a 200 buck lite and a 350 OLED?

Marty-McFly

Banned
It still doesn't make sense. If it sells out regularly, the inventory will clear itself out at $300, especially with Xmas around the corner. What would be the point in having a 200 buck lite and a 350 OLED?
That's a good point.

Who knows the way companies think though. Maybe they want to raise the value proposition of the OLED by further distancing the regular Switch model's price before it's phased out, or maybe they just want to give France a really good deal.

Beats me.

jigglet

Banned
Makes no sense, they are still selling briskly. I would at least wait another 12 months. The world is still slowly working their way up to 80% immunisation, then we'll need another 6-12 months after that before things get a bit more normal. I wouldn't be dropping the price with half the world still stuck at home.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Having to run production lines for 3 SKU's is a lot of overhead. Ramping up the OG line and cutting price to sell out the OG parts that remain allows them to retool sooner and have enough capacity for that high end line for the holidays. They're going to want to sell more of the $350 one than the $300 one during the holidays to make that revenue line look better.

SpiceRacz

it-prints-money-switch.gif

Top Bottom