• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors of U.S. Secretly Harboring Top China Official Swirl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Dong Jingwei supposedly gave the U.S. information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology that changed the stance of the Biden Administration concerning the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Dong is, or was, a longtime official in China’s Ministry of State Security (MSS), also known as the Guoanbu. His publicly available background indicates that he was responsible for the Ministry’s counterintelligence efforts in China, i.e., spy-catching, since being promoted to vice minister in April 2018. If the stories are true, Dong would be the highest-level defector in the history of the People’s Republic of China.

Dong’s defection was raised by Chinese officials last March at the Sino-American summit in Alaska, according to Dr. Han Lianchao, a former Chinese foreign ministry official, before defecting after the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre. In a Wednesday tweet, Han, citing an unnamed source, alleged that China’s foreign minister Wang Yi and Communist Party foreign affairs boss Yang Jiechi demanded that the Americans return Dong, and U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken refused.

Sources say the level of confidence in the defector’s information is what has led to a sudden crisis of confidence in Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) personnel detailed to DIA have corroborated very technical details of information provided by the defector,” it said.

According to the authoritative Paris-based newsletter Intelligence Online, Dong is “close to” Chinese President Xi Jinping. “He previously headed the Guoanbu in the region of Hebei, which has produced many of Xi's securocrats,” the publication reported in 2018. Back in 2010, IO reported that Dong carried out orders from superiors in Beijing to arrest “four Japanese employees of the Fujita Corporation who were filming in a forbidden military zone.” The move was seen at the time as a power play by State Security against then-President Hu Jintao.

It's only a rumor right now, but if true, it's the end of Fauci.

EDIT: IT WOULD BE THE END OF FAUCI BECAUSE THE CHINESE DEFECTOR WILL HAVE EXPOSED THAT HE WAS EITHER COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT, OR INTENTIONALLY LYING ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF THE VIRUS (EVEN IF IT WAS AN ACCIDENTAL LEAK).

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I don’t understand, can someone explain what a chinese defector has to do with Fauci? I’m not wrapped up in these theories so I have no clue what it’s trying to say.

highrider

Banned
My takeaway from this is that a somebody that access to the highest levels of government has defected and is potentially shedding light on Wuhan and Fauci, but there’s nothing specific.

On a personal level I peeped Fauci as lying weasel and circling wagons to protect himself very early on but of course that was unacceptable to say 😂

Cravis

Fauci GIF by GIPHY News

Chiggs

I think he'll be forced out, abandoned by the press, savaged by the right, and his reputation will essentially be that of someone who told everyone to look the other way, if an accidental leak did occur from the Wuhan lab, and did so in the name of...well, insert theory here.

He'll have lost essentially all credibility, leaving a storied career in tatters. And then you'll have Trump crowing on top of the shit heap.

I don’t understand, can someone explain what a chinese defector has to do with Fauci? I’m not wrapped up in these theories so I have no clue what it’s trying to say.

I mean, I bolded it?

Sources say the level of confidence in the defector’s information is what has led to a sudden crisis of confidence in Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) personnel detailed to DIA have corroborated very technical details of information provided by the defector,” it said.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
My takeaway from this is that a somebody that access to the highest levels of government has defected and is potentially shedding light on Wuhan and Fauci, but there’s nothing specific.

On a personal level I peeped Fauci as lying weasel and circling wagons to protect himself very early on but of course that was unacceptable to say 😂
no it's ok many have said it incessantly since the beginning why hold back brother. give us your deep insights on the matter, I can't get enough of it

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think he'll be forced out, abandoned by the press, savaged by the right, and his reputation will essentially be that of someone who told everyone to look the other way, if an accidental leak did occur from the Wuhan lab, and did so in the name of...well, insert theory here.

He'll have lost essentially all credibility, leaving a storied career in tatters. And then you'll have Trump crowing on top of the shit heap.

Did you see how the media sucked his dick over the leaked emails? The dude could be caught with a mountain of coke, a harem of underage hookers, be live-streaming an orgy on Twitch, and he'd still be invincible.

Chiggs

Did you see how the media sucked his dick over the leaked emails? The dude could be caught with a mountain of coke, a harem of underage hookers, be live-streaming an orgy on Twitch, and he'd still be invincible.

I absolutely did, but if the Biden admin distances themselves, even quietly, it's the end. I'm sure the Cult of Fauci will find some way to rationalize it, but for many people, it'll be too much to stomach.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I absolutely did, but if the Biden admin distances themselves, even quietly, it's the end. I'm sure the Cult of Fauci will find some way to rationalize it, but for many people, it'll be too much to stomach.

what did the Fauci emails say that you found problematic? if there was foul play I would love to hear about it.

Chiggs

what did the Fauci emails say that you found problematic? if there was foul play I would love to hear about it.

He was over-subscribed to the "natural" origins theory, and let confirmation bias steer him.

I'm not some kind of "China released a bio-weapon to hurt the US" nutter, but it was readily apparent to anyone with a half a brain that the lab should have been exhaustively investigated because it had been cited for substandard safety procedures in the past. It's unclear if the WHO or personal/professional relationships also helped shape Fauci's opinion.

And, if this rumor is true, and there is a true defector that reveals stuff that Fauci knew about, he's toast.

Let's not forget that there were a ton of redactions in those emails, too.

Edit: we can get into the mask flip-flopping, too. But that's well-traveled ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom