• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] PS+ Essential May 2023 Games: GRID Legends, Chivalry 2 & Descenders on PS5/PS4

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/...-26&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitterAbout

2545591_1.jpg

Good morning, everyone,

EXCLUSIVELY ON DEALABS, I reveal the selection of monthly games that will be recoverable for all Playstation Plus members (Essential, Extra & Premium) for the month of May 2023.

The games will therefore be recoverable from Tuesday, May 02 to June 06, 2023 at 11 a.m.France time, and I remind you that once recovered these games will remain in your PS Plus library for life (even if you unsubscribe for a few periods), only access will require an active PS Plus subscription.

Kupfer

Normally I would see such a crap line up at least in a positive way, that the month after will be really good. Unfortunately, this does not apply to PS+ games, Sony is not too shy to drop down several shitty months in a row. At least Chivalry 2 looks kind of interesting.

Last edited:
Chivalry is not my kind of game, racing games are though, but surprising that Sony would give 2, even if pretty different, in one month. Horror for Halloween month okay, but any other month without a theme would be best with 3 different genres.

Not a great month, assuming it is true, but still alright. Already had Descenders installed to try it one day, might postpone it now even further since some Plus Extra games might leave while Essetials have no expiry date.

We’ve had a good run, I hope this isn’t a beginning of the end because we’ve seen this before, several good months followed by like a year of garbage.

Kilau

Gold Member
I love bike riding so I'll definitely check out Descenders. The rest doesn't interest me.
I’ve been playing it a lot lately and it’s really fun. My only complaint is it defaulted to I guess 120fps mode and I didn’t realize it for awhile, lots of LOD issues in that mode. The quality mode has super aggressive DF which is hysterically awful for a game you need to see far ahead for jumps.

Aenima

Wow, they managed to make a worst month than that one with Farming Simulator and Cities Skylines…
That was a great month to me, cuz i tried farming simulator and got adicted to it. :p

This one is kinda meh, not really interested in playing anything, but will add Grid and Descenders to my library.

Kupfer

Is Chivalry 2 the Hell Let Loose of the *insert genre here, don't know what to call it - massive multiplayer online brawler?* or is it just a mindless brawler where you get lucky or unlucky and just have some mindless sessions without being too invested?

Last edited:

engstra

Always been keen to try Chivalry and heard pretty good things about Descenders. That being said definitely a weaker month. It's worth keeping in mind that Humanity will be a day 1 free with Plus this month as well though!

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Descenders is a nice bike simulation. Chivalry is a fun multiplayer game. I have them both on PC and had fun with them. I don't know what kind of games you were expecting. Sackboy was given last month already.
is it just a mindless brawler where you get lucky or unlucky and just have some mindless sessions without being too invested?
-Yes! Often times without a head even.

Fbh

Descenders is a nice bike simulation. Chivalry is a fun multiplayer game. I have them both on PC and had fun with them. I don't know what kind of games you were expecting. Sackboy was given last month already.

Rule 1 of Ps+ threads: Unless it's a AAA game released less than 6 months ago people will always say it's a bad month

"No God of War Ragnarok and Hogwarts Legacy?!?!?! This is thrash!!"

Quantum253

Good gravey, I hope that's not what's offered for Essential. Sony should put a thumb up/down option in the Ps+ Hub to find out what people are feeling about the choice for the month, unless simply tracking downloads tell them what they want to know.

Top Bottom