• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Quick Resume Bug to be fixed post launch for Series X|S according to latest Giant Bomb Livestream.

WildBoy

Take a listen around 1:16.33 Jeff seems to allude to quick resume not being ready for Xbox Series X and S optimised games at launch due to a recently found bug. A post launch patch is planned to fix the issue.

A bummer if that's true. I'm really looking forward to next gen features like Quick Resume and I hope Microsoft can fix this in time for or close to launch.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
We live an age of all content is content. He said the memory card was toasty and that the system pushes out a lot of hot air. Playstation fans (The status Quo atm) Ran with it.

Sure, it's all the Playstation fans' fault 😂

WildBoy

Sure, it's all the Playstation fans' fault 😂

Do you think anyone with any sense would run with that story? It was click bait at best. 80 percent of the media is pro Playstation - which is seen most clearly when they talk bout "new" features on the Xbox that have already been available for some time. But yeh at the end of the day if you were impartial you would know it was a silly story to run. If you were an Xbox fan likewise. It's only Playstation fans that would run such a false and over blown story....

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Do you think anyone with any sense would run with that story? It was click bait at best. 80 percent of the media is pro Playstation -

oh, poor little oppressed Xbox fans... 😂

which is seen most clearly when they talk bout "new" features on the Xbox that have already been available for some time. But yeh at the end of the day if you were impartial you would know it was a silly story to run. If you were an Xbox fan likewise. It's only Playstation fans that would run such a false and over blown story....

I know it was a silly story to run.

I also know it's silly and reckless to publicly make statements that many people would obviously misinterpret and turn into silly but noisy false rumors. 🤔

The "PS5 overheating" (in a locked box that would overheat an ice cube) is also a silly story to run. And yet idiots are running it. 😂

Last edited:

Bravedwarf

Neo Member
That was Jeff Bakalar from CNET who is a co-host on the giantbeast cast. So technically not the same people. Just to be clear I'm super excited for Xbox series X in 5 days but I just think people should have their expectations in check for launch day.
oh, poor little oppressed Xbox fans... 😂

I know it was a silly story to run.

I also know it's silly and reckless to publicly make statements that many people would obviously misinterpret and turn into silly but noisy false rumors. 🤔

The "PS5 overheating" (in a locked box that would overheat an ice cube) is also a silly story to run. And yet idiots are running it. 😂
You got to understand its how any of these people make money now... whoever posted those photos or posts the article it''s all revenue or advertisement to their site.

Aidah

I've had the console for sometime. Yes, Quick Resume still has issues. I was surprised when I didn't see that mentioned in the couple of Series X/S reviews I've watched.

Last edited:

WildBoy

True or not, what's the news here? Stuff have bugs all the time, then they fix it.

The news is the console is out in 4 days. I guranteed you we will get a thread in a few days saying wtf my quick resume isn't working? Anyone else the same? I'm just letting people now know before they try show it off to their mates between gears of was 5 and Forza and if fails on them. No console warring just facts. You should appreciate the knowledge instead of getting defensive. And this coming from someone who has a Series X and Seagate on order... Believe me I wish it was working for launch but eh they will fix it. Trust me if this was posted by a Sony fanboy the headline would be way worse and probably highlight the FUD that PS5 quick resume is better... If existing at all.

Aidah

What exactly happens?
It just doesn't always work. Instead of quick resuming it just boots up the game, and it doesn't give you any warning or indication that it couldn't suspend or couldn't resume, last I tried. Like in Yakuza, Watchdogs, the Touryst...etc. They did send out saying what the guy in the video read out.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Weren't these the same people who falsely alleged that the console overheats?

That never even happened. Jeff Backalar never even said it overheats. He made a comment about the heat coming out being hot and Twitter ran with it trying to spin it into the console exploding.

Top Bottom