• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: "Tasty Good! Super Monkey Ball" rated in China/Taiwan for PS4, Switch, and PC

Kazza

super-monkey-ball.png

The rumors of a new Super Monkey Ball continue to come in. Two months ago, SEGA of Japan trademarked “Tabegoro! Super Monkey Ball”, Tabegoro roughly translating to “Good to eat”, “tastes good”, etc., though for the sake of this article it will be unofficially called “Tasty Good!”.

Now more fuel in the fire has been added, as the official Chinese/Taiwan ratings board Game Software Rating Regulations has seemingly revealed more information about this supposed game via the official Chinese title “現嚐好滋味!超級猴子球”. It will be developed and published in house by SEGA itself, not outsourced similar to other revivals in recent years, and it’s planned for the PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC, with an icon seemingly displaying the title also in the documents. No other information about what exactly Tasty Good! Super Monkey Ball is, such as whether it’s a sort of remake or an original game, has been revealed at this time. Guess we must wait until SEGA officially announces the game to know more.

[Source: Game Software Rating Regulations]

Kazza

RIP Xbox One (although maybe it's just not going to get an Asian release, but will get a western one). I'd be happy with just a remastered collection of 1 & 2, but a new game would be great too.

Shaqazooloo

Hope it's more like Super Monkey Ball on Gamecube instead of the new ones. Played one on the 3DS and honestly it was trash.

goldenpp72

The Vita game was the only good Super Monkey Ball after the original 2. Shame it was on Vita and thus ignored. If it's an upgraded version of that we're good.

SALMORE

i still dont know how to play it properly ? i mean should i go straight to the goal in time or collect every banana in the course ?

Shaqazooloo

I thought it was fun, but I'm a casual fan of Monkey Ball. Lots of folks didn't enjoy the emphasis on motion controls. I also enjoyed the Wii Balance Board Monkey Ball (Step & Roll). Like most Wii games, you can still buy both for a few bucks each.
Thanks
I don't mind motion controls, so I might check it out I guess.

Top Bottom