• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumours and Leaks [OT] We have a rumour for that

bitbydeath

Figured we were past due for a big ol’ rumour thread since we don’t get a lot posted here.

Let’s kick off with:

MGS Remake
  • The game has been in development for several years.
  • Metal Gear Solid Remake would be a game that would be released only on PS5, so like Demon's Souls, it would not reach PS4.
UPDATE: The same source that once told us this information reiterates that the announcement would be made in the future and not necessarily at the Game Awards gala, the announcement of Metal Gear Solid Remake should be produced before May 2023, sounding very loud in the first months of the year, especially February-March.

bitbydeath

Final Fantasy 9 Remake
Brave Fencer Musashi Remake
Parasite Eve Remake
<insert old SquareSoft title> Remake
This rumour is for you.
Received orders for the FIGS translation of the Final Fantasy Anniversary Presentation happening on February 7th. I'm not green texting this. Press is getting early access to announcements on February 2nd.

Total runtime: 1h 24m

Opening:
Final Fantasy History Presentation

Final Fantasy:
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster - Promotional Video
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line - Promotional Video
Hironobu Sakaguchi Presents: Final Fantasy IX Remake (This Fall)
World of Final Fantasy II: A Mog of Light (May 19th 2023)
Stories from Ivalice: War of the Lions (Summer 2023)
Final Fantasy X-3 (Now In Development)
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - Memories (Winter)
Final Fantasy XVI - Focal Presentation Announcement (March 24th 2023)

Final Fantasy Online:
Final Fantasy XI/Final Fantasy XIV Subscription Unity Project (This Fall)
Final Fantasy XI Beginnings Rework Project (This Fall)
Naoki Yoshida: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Anniversary

Final Fantasy Mobile:
Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis Closed Beta Test (August 8th 2023)
Final Fantasy: Dissidia Opera Omnia JP - Zenos Trailer
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Promotional Video

Additional:
Tetsuya Nomura Presents: Final Fantasy Memoria
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker - OST (Spotify/YouTube) Release (April 3rd 2023)
Final Fantasy: Chiptunes Album (Summer 2023)
Final Fantasy Square Enix Store Sale
Distant Worlds
Eorzean Symphony Vol. 3

Closing:
Yosuke Matsuda: Remarks

The mid gen refresh consoles are being called a premium sku and not hearing the term pro used and some have suggested a possible $999 price tag

Rumors btw
Makes sense, to get anything that's going to be noticeably better on screen it's likely going to take quite a bit especially if it's going to do better with ray tracing at a higher framerate. They never planned on the Pro/One X being the best selling consoles and no doubt they don't think these new refresh consoles will be either.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Makes sense, to get anything that's going to be noticeably better on screen it's likely going to take quite a bit especially if it's going to do better with ray tracing at a higher framerate. They never planned on the Pro/One X being the best selling consoles and no doubt they don't think these new refresh consoles will be either.
Ray Tracing performance is whats going to be hammered home on these machine and not look at the TF count

Rumor has it anyhow

Jaybe

Starfield will not be released in the first half of 2023. A Reddit user that leaked Xbox’s show details four days before Jez’s tweet on it and did so causally in a Game Pass thread thinking the show was already announced later went on to say Starfield would be released in fall 2023. Seems to know a Bethesda employee and is from Maryland. This isn’t some clout chaser, just a random user that got details well before the published ‘scoop’ and went in to share more info. The date stamps are now old btw, I took these a few days back. They’re original show claim was from Jan 5th.
5SlaVpK.jpg
wx0OhmO.jpg
xVj5MJ0.jpg

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The mid gen refresh consoles are being called a premium sku and not hearing the term pro used and some have suggested a possible $999 price tag

Rumors btw
I'm not interested in any pro consoles but if price happened, there would be a lot of crying on the internet

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

Crayon

I been expecting them to be around 699usd. An ~rdna4 chiplet based gpu/apu might be cheap enough to get a good boost.

If it's about ray-tracing, then the situation is better as far as gains. AMD has been roughly 1 gen behind Nvidia in ray tracing. So the current RDNA3 is about as good as Nvidia's last gen cards. If that trend continues and RDNA4 is comparable to Nvidia's current 40 series (we're talking about relative to raster, here. It's the only way I can think to make a sensible comparison.), then that would mean pro consoles could absolutely blow away the base ones in rt. Compared to raster where a 2X jump really would'n get you much on screen except blowing cycles on native 4k in 60fps modes.

rofif

Banned

Rumors btw
This would suck so much honestly.
I like consoles because it's a simple base. Same for everyone and easy to entry.
Never felt like milking to me.
But now with bad modes, devs not having enough time to learn the console because game takes 5 years to make and pro consoles exist to put another wrench into that.
And as always - I am skeptical and I would believe that the warm welcome of pro console last gen and "premium" this gen, will only lead to increased prices and smartphonization/PCfication of console market which is exactly what I wanted to avoid by maining a console over a pc....
This gen is already weird because you have to choose fidelity modes with super laggy 30fps comapred to how 30fps should feel like or just normal 60fps game.
It's still all fin since many games support at least 40fps or vrr now... but that's also a window for pro "look that 45fps game is now 60 on pro with vrr"
edit: I would still probably get it. I can't hate everything :p

Last edited:

Rumors btw
I was pretty much sold on the rumour when the Rockstar insider confirmed that the studio had gotten its hands on the mid-gen refreshes.

I'm curious to see how the consoles will navigate the feature set for a mid-gen refresh. I know Sony will go for a strong focus on ray-tracing, and likely hardware accelerated upsampling. Similar with what they did with PS4 Pro but fortunately the next-gen upscaling techniques like DLSS 2/3 AND FSR 2/3 are significantly better than their predecessors so I expect some pretty cool things in that regards.

Microsoft seem to care a lot about the numbers in that regard, I'm guessing their plan is to ensure they have the bigger numbers than Sony especially when it comes to TF count.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This would suck so much honestly.
I like consoles because it's a simple base. Same for everyone and easy to entry.
Never felt like milking to me.
But now with bad modes, devs not having enough time to learn the console because game takes 5 years to make and pro consoles exist to put another wrench into that.
And as always - I am skeptical and I would believe that the warm welcome of pro console last gen and "premium" this gen, will only lead to increased prices and smartphonization/PCfication of console market which is exactly what I wanted to avoid by maining a console over a pc....
This gen is already weird because you have to choose fidelity modes with super laggy 30fps comapred to how 30fps should feel like or just normal 60fps game.
It's still all fin since many games support at least 40fps or vrr now... but that's also a window for pro "look that 45fps game is now 60 on pro with vrr"
edit: I would still probably get it. I can't hate everything :p
I would be all in just to not have laggy 30 fps modes

I love all forms of gaming and do most of mine on my PC but I sure would love a monster console done right though not sure even a $1000 console would be "right" but its a start

rofif

Banned
I would be all in just to not have laggy 30 fps modes

I love all forms of gaming and do most of mine on my PC but I sure would love a monster console done right though not sure even a $1000 console would be "right" but its a start
Sure but laggy 30 fps can be fixed without monster console. There are just doing 30 fps really bad in some games now

Mr Hyde

Bloodborne remaster has been a rumor for years, with various "insiders" hinting that it's practically done, and Sony only need to reveal it. I've given up on this to be honest. I thought it was a no brainer for Sony to release it for PS5 but apparently they don't think so. They just abandoned it.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD/Metroid Prime Remake.
Several of the people who leaked it, and got it wrong in October, are still adamant that it’s all coming according to several different sources.
Why would they keep doubling down in this?

VN1X

Banned
Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD/Metroid Prime Remake.
Several of the people who leaked it, and got it wrong in October, are still adamant that it’s all coming according to several different sources.
Why would they keep doubling down in this?
Please Nintendo, give use Metroid Prime HD collection for Switch but also Switch 2 with enhanced framerate & resolution. The same for MP4 yes please thank you ok.

Sure but laggy 30 fps can be fixed without monster console. There are just doing 30 fps really bad in some games now
Tbh HFW has had the best 30 FPS mode I've played so far. Super smooth and the latency is pretty remarkable too, especially when compared to games like GOWR.

final fantasy XV-2 this fall, cross-gen
Leak doesn’t sound believable to me but I would genuinely be so, so, so, so, so pissed if a X-3 ever happens. Like, why? X-2 released 20 years ago. Move on. I’m already annoyed that the X/XIII team is stuck on VII Remake for a decade before they can do a new mainline FF again

Last edited:

Rumors btw
Given the supply constraints and sell through of current gen I'd like to see a real premium gone after, push things a lot farther. There's enough hardware in the market, do something innovative or something real bloody premium and hefty please.

bitbydeath

Actually no the shitty port they did was The Outer Worlds. They've ported many games to Switch including XCOM 2.
Switch isn’t the best benchmark when it comes to technical capabilities, but they have also worked on the likes of Demons Souls Remake, Horizon, Last of Us 2, Ratchet and Clank and GotG.

Banned
Hopefully more devs will start coming up with their own solutions.

Fortnite has the best realtime lighting system and has no expensive Ray Tracing at all.

images

images

says it has no raytracing, shows images of Fortnite with rt lighting and rt reflections...

Jim Carrey Ok GIF

Last edited:

bitbydeath

says it has no raytracing, shows images of Fortnite with rt lighting and rt reflections...

Jim Carrey Ok GIF
It’s not Ray Tracing, Epic’s lighting system is called Lumen, couple of interesting points.

Lumen has an advantage in terms of hardware requirements because it does not require the same level of light calculation as ray tracing. This means that lumen can render realistic light but does not require ray tracing.
lumen is not a resource-hungry illumination system.

Rumors btw
Where the hell did you see this? So basically we would get a PS5 Pro? That seems like it would be able to hit 4K, 60fps targets. Could be interesting I guess but for $1,000? That would be nuts.

Top Bottom