• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Meanwhile, the UK is already following up on its promise.

If only the frogs and the krauts could get their heads out of their arses.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So I made a thread about it, just as a general discussion about it if anyone cares (not looking good in that regard) but for you fellas supporting ukraine, they're competing today in eurovision 2022 which is a music festival and one of europe's weirder institutions - the winner gets to host next year's edition.

This is their entry from the semifinals

The big question what will their video showcase be and if they'll do anything else as a war protest.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Let’s see if Turkey will decide to be a dick, you need all members voting for, and Turkey has said they will oppose Sweden and Finland’s accession.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Let’s see if Turkey will decide to be a dick, you need all members voting for, and Turkey has said they will oppose Sweden and Finland’s accession.
Seems like it's negotiation tactics from Turkey. I'm sure the Kurdish diaspora in Sweden is annoying them, but from reading an article about it today the conclusion is that they probably won't be cockblocking if the US give them something unrelated in return.

Last edited:

Facism

I don't think it's unreasonable for Turkey to have issues with Sweden over their support for the PKK/YPG terrorist organisations. They've threatened Turkey's territorial integrity for decades and have killed over 30,000 people, mostly civilians.

in the end I just think it's bargaining to get the F16 order through and maybe some leeway from the USA in Syria so they can resettle some of those 4 million refugees they're holding.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
update: ukraine won eurovision 2022! next year the contest will be held in Kyiv!*

eurovision is watched by about 200 million people and the winner is determined by a mix of jury and popular vote

*zelensky has vowed to host it at mariupol

Last edited:

Gp1

Let’s see if Turkey will decide to be a dick, you need all members voting for, and Turkey has said they will oppose Sweden and Finland’s
in the end I just think it's bargaining to get the F16 order through and maybe some leeway from the USA in Syria so they can resettle some of those 4 million refugees they're holding.

Right after Erdogan's announcement against Finland and Sweden, Biden agreed with the program to modernize the Turkish F-16 fleet.

I believe Bloomberg reported.

It will be sorted out.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Russians raised the Russian flag in a Ukrainian observation tower near the border - And the Ukrainians shot it down..

NBbFkzu.gif

Last edited:

TwinB242

Not unexpected to be honest, but at the same time really shitty....

crisis fest dont know how to feel about it GIF by Sunflower Bean

I hope one day guys like these will realize that Russia and the pro-Russia politicians from their regions are just using them for their own selfish benefit. I definitely have more sympathy for them than I do for the average Russian soldier, especially since many of these separatists are being conscripted against their well. They should all just surrender in mass to Ukrainian forces and then try to re-integrate themselves back into Ukrainian society once the war is over.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
update: ukraine won eurovision 2022! next year the contest will be held in Kyiv!*

eurovision is watched by about 200 million people and the winner is determined by a mix of jury and popular vote

*zelensky has vowed to host it at mariupol

And the UK went from dead last for years because of Brexit, to second, because we’re seen as supporting Ukraine more than anyone else 😊

Urban

Ukrainians are the best at propaganda. They had this ready and waiting.

im really sorry for the Ukrainian people i hope the war ends soon but the amount of Ukraine Propaganda which gets unfiltered to us is scary imo.
The mass media pretend like it doesnt exist.

nemiroff

Gold Member
im really sorry for the Ukrainian people i hope the war ends soon but the amount of Ukraine Propaganda which gets unfiltered to us is scary imo.

Eh?

Can you give a handful of concrete examples that makes you scared?

Raven117

Urban

Eh?

Can you give a handful of concrete examples that makes you scared?
I think i used the wrong word. Maybe "scary" is the wrong one but we shouldn't be bombared with such a high amount of propaganda. Doesn't matter from which direction its coming. Thats what i mean with "scary". This unfiltered full throttle all over your face propaganda. Especially on Reddit

nemiroff

Gold Member
I think i used the wrong word. Maybe "scary" is the wrong one but we shouldn't be bombared with such a high amount of propaganda. Doesn't matter from which direction its coming. Thats what i mean with "scary". This unfiltered full throttle all over your face propaganda. Especially on Reddit
You still haven't provided any concrete examples, so I'm not sure what you mean by being bombarded by Ukrainian propaganda.

akimbo009

Gold Member

I, for one, love being bombarded with great news.

Tams

It flat out gets called propaganda by decent mainstream media outlets. Every unverified Ukrainian claim is stated as such by those outlets.

And the Russian shit is out there for you to consume if you wish. The most accessible of it has been shutdown because they were spreadly really quite blatant lies non-stop.

You do need to use your own brain, rather than just rely on authorities to regulate what you see.

TwinB242

UK estimates that Russia has lost a third of its total combat power. In a month or so from now they might be down to 50% or close to it. At that point I doubt they will be able to launch any effective offences, no wonder Zelensky was saying that Ukraine would be ready to start its major counter offensives in June.

Last edited:

Urban

You still haven't provided any concrete examples, so I'm not sure what you mean by being bombarded by Ukrainian propaganda.

just surf reddit.

It flat out gets called propaganda by decent mainstream media outlets. Every unverified Ukrainian claim is stated as such by those outlets.

And the Russian shit is out there for you to consume if you wish. The most accessible of it has been shutdown because they were spreadly really quite blatant lies non-stop.

You do need to use your own brain, rather than just rely on authorities to regulate what you see.

I dont wish to consume russian shit. Where did you get this from? Propaganda goes both ways. thats all im saying and imo there is no "positive" one.

nemiroff nemiroff there is literally a "blonde walks towards the camera behind a tank" video in this thread were it came out that she is a nazi girl and they are using this as propaganda. The video is pretty much fake. Need to dig it up.

Last edited:

Tams

just surf reddit.

I dont wish to consume russian shit. Where did you get this from? Propaganda goes both ways. thats all im saying and imo there is no "positive" one.

nemiroff nemiroff there is literally a "blonde walks towards the camera behind a tank" video in this thread were it came out that she is a nazi girl and they are using this as propaganda. The video is pretty much fake. Need to dig it up.
You are complaining about balance, so I provided you with a solution to your ailment. Not my fault you don't like it.

Do you really need to be babysat so much?

And yes, I'm fine with enjoying some blatant propaganda supporting the side that's just simply in the right. I use my brain to file it under 'not trustwrothy'.

nemiroff

Gold Member
just surf reddit.

Reddit.. That's like putting your head into a barrel with acid and complain it's burning your face off.. I expected to discuss "it's a challenge to filter the barrage of official bespoke propaganda". But who the fuck cares about reddit, you can avoid that shit by simply following trusted curated sources; real journalists doing fact checking.

Anyway, Russia has a confirmed 3 billion dollar budget dedicated solely to propaganda.. And they have leaders with the nerve to tell nothing but blatant lies with a straight face in public, and not the least the falsities in the propaganda they're feeding to their own people. So there are no "both sides" here. Ukrainian officials don't even need to invent anything to use in propaganda because Russia is creating all the material packaged and ready-to-go for them.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Doesn’t matter who Russia is attacking countries like Ukraine have the ability to defend themselves.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Exactly which side is Macron on? France continues to be a disappointment.

Said it before, say it again...He's nothing but a Jumped up little French twot.
I'm French, and let me tell you that Macron is NOT representative of French people and how we think.
Macron is a disgrace for France. He is tearing appart my country and the French are more fragmented than ever :(

Last edited:

Tams

just surf reddit.

Oh, and as already mentioned by nemiroff nemiroff , fucking reddit.

Half the people there think what they post or their opinions in general matter in any way. At least here most of us at least seem to understand all our chat is inane entertainment and venting. Imagine thinking it all matters.

Tams

I'm French, and let me tell you that Macron is NOT representative of French people and how we think.
Macron is a disgrace for France. He is tearing appart my country and the French are more fragmented than ever :(
Tony Blair has put it best.

It's up to Ukraine, and it's wholly understandable that at this stage Ukraine is not going to settle for anything less than everything they've lost back. Perhaps there was a chance for negotiation at the very beginning, but that time has long passed.

Top Bottom