• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
just surf reddit.

No thanks, unless maybe I have a tech issue. Disabled my account years ago. Reddit posters are insufferable twats.

Really? Did you read her program? Because I did. Macron is a piece of shit, I mean is this worthy of a President? (funny thing is people actually came to get him, except that he was protected by many CRS).
In the end of the day they are both horrible choices but I'm stopping here because you know, politics.

Yeah yeah, both sides bad. I think we know that by now, and we still can identify the lesser evil.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Really? Did you read her program? Because I did. Macron is a piece of shit, I mean is this worthy of a President? (funny thing is people actually came to get him, except that he was protected by many CRS).
In the end of the day they are both horrible choices but I'm stopping here because you know, politics.
Since it's about politics I will stop as well. I only say the potential results of LePen as a President it's something you can already see very close to you: in Italy with the Lega (and M5S in a small part).

Last edited:

Loope

I would say that someone with extreme right wing views is a big no no, but to each his own.

Another fire in Ruzzia

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

Fuck Putin!!!

Wildebeest

I'm not sure why they can't just declare war. Perhaps it is because the urban people in Russia are still living in some sort of apolitical fantasy world where they think they can just let Putin play his games, rob them blind, and things will sort of just work out for them because they are still better off than in the 90s. A declaration of war and mass conscription would be like a wake-up call for these dreamers.

GymWolf

Since it's about politics I will stop as well. I only say the potential results of LePen as a President it's something you can already see very close to you: in Italy with the Lega (and M5S in a small part).
LePen ce l'ha duro e vorrebbe veder bruciare il sud della francia?

TwinB242

So Putin is apparently not very concerned with Finland and Sweden joining NATO

This proves that potential NATO expansion in Ukraine wasn't at all the reason he invaded, he pretty much just wanted control of the country and its land for himself and thats it. The whole idea behind the 'security operation' was a ruse and hopefully the Russian public starts realizing this soon.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member

This proves that potential NATO expansion in Ukraine wasn't at all the reason he invaded, he pretty much just wanted control of the country and its land for himself and thats it. The whole idea behind the 'security operation' was a ruse and hopefully the Russian public starts realizing this soon.

Finland has been a defacto Nato member for the last two decades in everything but name, with top tier equipment and joint Nato drills. And Sweden is largely geopolitical inconsequential in positioning. Ukraine is different, it wasn’t really a Nato country yet, and is geopolitically significant, so Nato aspirations could have been a partial motivator at least.

Gp1

Another fire in Ruzzia

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

Fuck Putin!!!

Now that the Ukrainian SOF are reaching the border close to some big Russian cities, we can expect the wild fire season into pick up the pace.

Edit. About Russian casualties with some realistic numbers. Ps. Kia*3,5 = aprox. total wounded.

Last edited:

TwinB242

Now that the Ukrainian SOF are reaching the border close to some big Russian cities, we can expect the wild fire season into pick up the pace.

Edit. About Russian casualties with some realistic numbers. Ps. Kia*3,5 = aprox. total wounded.

There was an informative twitter thread from another military expert who covered this topic towards the beginning of the war. Basically, Russian medevac and treatment capabilities for their soldiers are far behind the typical army which results in a lot more wounded dying. So while the killed to wounded ratio might be around 1:3.5 in a standard western military, for Russia its likely a lot higher than that, maybe around 1:2. So from 50,000 total casualties it wouldn't be far off to assume that 25,000 of those are KIA (which would also line up closely with Kyiv's estimates which are currently just over 27K). Of course this is just a theory as I don't remember the exact rates, but given Russia's many other missteps I would easily believe that they struggle to properly treat their wounded and the numbers are in that ballpark.

Last edited:

tommolb

So Turkey gonna block Sweden and Finland joining NATO... so that rules that out. No wonder Putin ain't bothered about them applying to join as he knows they won't get in.

Kenpachii

=

Not like he can do shit, Finland would level his army.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Macron’s a slimy neo liberal with a superiority complex. Le Pen is pretty much a nazi, and would let Putin slip her one. These are not equally horrible choices. And while it is politics, it’s more to do with the way this war is being handled… and it could have been so much worse if other politicians were in charge the world over.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So Turkey gonna block Sweden and Finland joining NATO... so that rules that out. No wonder Putin ain't bothered about them applying to join as he knows they won't get in.

Erdogan is trying to leverage the situation for his own gain. Either he gets a nice slice to shut the fuck up, or Turkey will be faced with huge pressure to withdraw, that it won’t be able to stomach. Sweden and Finland will be joining NATO.

Turkey will get its US war planes and everything will be ‘diplomatically worked out’.

Last edited:

Facism

Erdogan is trying to leverage the situation for his own gain. Either he gets a nice slice to shut the fuck up, or Turkey will be faced with huge pressure to withdraw, that it won’t be able to stomach. Sweden and Finland will be joining NATO.

Turkey will get its US war planes and everything will be ‘diplomatically worked out’.
Turkey more wants Sweden go stop sending arms, money and political support to the Marxist terror org the pkk.

I can understand the concern, but the rhetoric was wrong and discussion to resolve it should have happened in back channels, especially as Sweden seems to be trending towards dropping their support for era's favourite terrorist group, anyway.

Hoping it shakes out positively and a compromise everyone can agree with is reached.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Le Pen is pretty much a nazi
Show me where in her program there is anything nazi or even racist. I read it, did you? Or do you just listen to what other people think?
it’s more to do with the way this war is being handled… and it could have been so much worse if other politicians were in charge the world over
On that we can agree, but I don't think she would have been really worse than Macron.

TransTrender

Gold Member

I don't know what military doctrine says but my first guess would to NOT drive right next to the exploded thing.
Because:
  • Enemy are waiting with ATGMs
  • Enemy has artillery dialed in on this spot
  • This could be an existing casualty from a mine so do not pass
  • This is a trick by the enemy where mines are planted around the disabled vehicle and so you drive right in to them
I'm guessing this is the third case and they somehow managed to roll over 3 of them.
Sucks because that's two mines wasted since one was enough to kill everyone as it is.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Bit of an update:

Kharkiv region still not fully de-orced, kozacha lopan is heavily fortified. Reports indicate ukra has at least attacked it once and was repelled, current status unkown if they're sieging or ignoring it.

The big news today is that from satellite data and RU channels, it seems ukra crossed the donetsk at staryi saltiv and have been doing some fighting and recon work, following the T-21-04 road north towards vovchansk.

Finally, there's rumors that azov is about to surrender after some sort of prisoner exchange deal.

Tams

Hopefully Turkey are being subtly hinted at that you can be ejected from NATO and reminded that they do not have good relations with Russia in general, even pretty much fighting proxy wars with them.

I don't want any compromise being them getting F-35s though.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
Show me where in her program there is anything nazi or even racist. I read it, did you? Or do you just listen to what other people think?

On that we can agree, but I don't think she would have been really worse than Macron.
Dafuq. She's a Russian stooge, who happens to be racist xenophobe with terrible ideas and horrible parenting. Macron is one big disappointment, but that's par for the course for most leaders nowadays (or rather, we shouldn't look to our leaders to solve our own problems). But LePen would actively worked against France's core interests, and the wider NATO/Western allegiances. So, yeah - hope she finds a gutter go get drowned in. Terrible human.

Bit of an update:

Kharkiv region still not fully de-orced, kozacha lopan is heavily fortified. Reports indicate ukra has at least attacked it once and was repelled, current status unkown if they're sieging or ignoring it.

The big news today is that from satellite data and RU channels, it seems ukra crossed the donetsk at staryi saltiv and have been doing some fighting and recon work, following the T-21-04 road north towards vovchansk.

Finally, there's rumors that azov is about to surrender after some sort of prisoner exchange deal.

Azov finally is waving the flag. They are legends. Russia better not do something shitty here (I suspect they will - was hoping someone would take Turkey's offer to take the wounded at least).

Kharkiv isn't orc-frei yet. But the guns smashing them are bigger, more accurate, and have longer range. It's a matter of time with that.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Marine Le Pen is a far-right cunt of the highest order. She wants France to whore itself to Putin, and for the weakening of EU and NATO. Moron La Pen also wants France to be above international law. Her local policies don’t make any economic sense either, but she will say or do anything to get the populist vote. The one thing I agree with her is increasing investment in nuclear power.

With respect to the topic, Ukrainians would be on their own if she had her way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom