• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

LimanimaPT

Really? Did you read her program? Because I did. Macron is a piece of shit, I mean is this worthy of a President? (funny thing is people actually came to get him, except that he was protected by many CRS).
In the end of the day they are both horrible choices but I'm stopping here because you know, politics.
Le Pen is far right. She writes in the program whatever people want to hear.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Show me where in her program there is anything nazi or even racist. I read it, did you? Or do you just listen to what other people think?

So, all of her opinions, attitudes and policies from prior to her most recent rebrand have all disappeared, have they?

Don‘t you think that’s just a little naive of you to think that?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
kWEgEG1.jpg

Can you do a funny meme for this? The EU approving Putin’s demand to be paid in rubles:

Who should be clapping in that picture? Maybe Putin?

Probably not Zelensky though, eh?

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Some more reality coming from this old man in ruZZian TV.

Nothing gets said on those shows without being approved by the Kremlin, that's a few times he told the truth and it sounds to me like they're changing the narrative for the zombies (aka Russian people & a few wankers on our side) in order to retreat and save some sort of face, the war is lost on all fronts and they know it and once more and more heavy and accurate artillery along with anti-aircraft systems, drones etc arrive the Ukrainians will walk all over them and force them outa the country, with the recent news that the Azov regiment now surrendering to the Russians in some sort of deal, Putin could spin it as we got the "Nazi's" and we're making a tactical withdrawal in order to not inflame tensions with Nato and escalate to WW3, how much they're willing to cede will be another matter

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nothing gets said on those shows without being approved by the Kremlin, that's a few times he told the truth and it sounds to me like they're changing the narrative for the zombies (aka Russian people & a few wankers on our side) in order to retreat and save some sort of face, the war is lost on all fronts and they know it and once more and more heavy and accurate artillery along with anti-aircraft systems, drones etc arrive the Ukrainians will walk all over them and force them outa the country, with the recent news that the Azov regiment now surrendering to the Russians in some sort of deal, Putin could spin it as we got the "Nazi's" and we're making a tactical withdrawal in order to not inflame tensions with Nato and escalate to WW3, how much they're willing to cede will be another matter

Yeah... they will be withdrawing fairly soon. Right around the time they start to get really pounded with all that western artillery. It's been an abject disaster on every conceivable level. The cost of an ongoing conflict will cripple Russia even more, and start to hit Putin's back pocket. I'm sure the US would be delighted if Putin dug in and kept things going, but I doubt it'll come to that. Probably over by the end of July.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
She writes in the program whatever people want to hear.
Just like every politician, nothing crazy here. But to talk more about that we would need to turn the thread to a real politic thread so...
So, all of her opinions, attitudes and policies from prior to her most recent rebrand have all disappeared, have they?

Don‘t you think that’s just a little naive of you to think that?
And don't you think that the reality is a lot more complex than "uh LePen bad, racist and nazi"?
On the other hand we know (here, in France) what Macron has done those last 5 years, and it's not good. At all.

Chittagong

Gold Member

They could indeed always claim that they have fulfilled the mission and eliminated the "nazis" by pointing to Azov battalion losses. They could also say that they have successfully halted Ukraine's progress towards Nato - as much has been stated by Nato. And like you suggest could say that with west supplying weapons they don't want to escalate any further and thus will end the "successful mission".

I think that would qualify as saving face and probably everybody involved would be so happy that they wouldn't bother pointing out that the whole thing was a massive failure.

TwinB242

Yeah... they will be withdrawing fairly soon. Right around the time they start to get really pounded with all that western artillery. It's been an abject disaster on every conceivable level. The cost of an ongoing conflict will cripple Russia even more, and start to hit Putin's back pocket. I'm sure the US would be delighted if Putin dug in and kept things going, but I doubt it'll come to that. Probably over by the end of July.

I don't think its that simple. What they're doing in the occupied areas gives me the impression that they're their for the long haul (they've even started rebuilding parts of Mariupol). Kherson is also practically a fortress at this point, even with high end western armaments I don't think the Ukranians can take that back anytime soon, at least not without suffering significant casualties on the level of Russia during their initial advances into the country.

Last edited:

Catphish

Things are so bad in Russia that they let someone who knows what he is talking about on TV.

Damn. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack whilst simultaneously falling out of a window with a self-inflicted gunshot wound anytime soon...

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Things are so bad in Russia that they let someone who knows what he is talking about on TV.

This makes me think someone in charge is going with some sort of “inoculation” strategy…start with some small doses of truth now so when the full reality of the situation hits in a few weeks or months, it won’t come as such a shock to everyone drowning themselves in the kool-aid up until now.

Wildebeest

This makes me think someone in charge is going with some sort of “inoculation” strategy…start with some small doses of truth now so when the full reality of the situation hits in a few weeks or months, it won’t come as such a shock to everyone drowning themselves in the kool-aid up until now.
It has been said that Russian media strategy is to bombard people with as many conflicting and absurd messages as possible, and then polling them to see which ones they like the sound of. The idea is they want people apolitical and thinking it is impossible for ordinary people to understand politics.

QSD

Oliver Stone on Lex Fridman
Trigger Warning: he interviewed Putin in '14-'17 and views him favorably. Did Putin hypnotize this man? If he did he did a bang up job.
Pretty crazy move on Lex's part to put this out now.

RAÏSanÏa

Trigger Warning: he interviewed Putin in '14-'17 and views him favorably. Did Putin hypnotize this man? If he did he did a bang up job.

"I just don't feel these countries[Europe] have sovereignty.... intuition here..." @53:35 regarding joining NATO.

LOL. He has no evidence. That's not intuition That's an example of Stone's patronizing bias inserting itself and his rationalizing of it to support his fiction.

He doesn't recount any threats made to the sovereignty of European countries by Russia. He lives in the past and his imagination but it does really come off like he's a stooge.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

What a brave thing to do, platform in these moments some fucking crypto tankie, who see west as aggressor and Russia as a victim. Well Fridman is Russian, if not mistaken, that explains a lot. I won't bother to go to the comments to see "finally someone telling ze truth11!!!1".

The nerve of this is incredible.

And before someone ask, yes:

giphy.gif

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Not really. Lex advocates an open forum, even offering to hear out opinions that are not popular.
Open forum, while some people getting blasted, I am sure they would appreciated that the sheer nuance and open forum. Maybe he is well meaning guy and sure you can't watch it and said to yourself that the guys is delusional, but the problem that people are fucking stupid. And when the stakes are high, people tends to latch on any piece of bullshit they can find.

Like imagine speaking like that, during the war about Hitler or Stalin for that matter. I am sure that if this would exist, we wouldn't find it so endearing looking back. Just my 2 cents.

rnlval

9 May 2022 — WASHINGTON ― Lockheed Martin aims to nearly double production for Javelin anti-tank missiles from 2,100 to 4,000 per year.

Lockheed more broadly is collaborating with chipmaker Intel.

Reference

Starstreak,a British MANPADS is in production.

Last edited:

Tams

Just like every politician, nothing crazy here. But to talk more about that we would need to turn the thread to a real politic thread so...

And don't you think that the reality is a lot more complex than "uh LePen bad, racist and nazi"?
On the other hand we know (here, in France) what Macron has done those last 5 years, and it's not good. At all.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Tams

I don't think its that simple. What they're doing in the occupied areas gives me the impression that they're their for the long haul (they've even started rebuilding parts of Mariupol). Kherson is also practically a fortress at this point, even with high end western armaments I don't think the Ukranians can take that back anytime soon, at least not without suffering significant casualties on the level of Russia during their initial advances into the country.
Ukraine forces could surround them. That's the weakness with fortresses. And there'd be no need to bombard them like the Russians have.

Only this fortress would have many of the civilians trapped be treated very well if they left the seige.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

i had read somewhere that Mc'D's currently employed around 60,000 ruzzians and had basically furloughed them, paying them whilst closed, if Mc'D's have pulled out thats 60,000 young people instantly out of work with no income and no prospects of another job.. hell slap it into them, maybe spend of some that new found freedom and hopelessness for your future on fucking up the state through protest or setting fires

FunkMiller

Gold Member

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Ukraine forces surrendered from the Azovstal steel mill, says they held for 82 days.

An incredible effort. Who knows how many lives they could have saved by keeping the orc‘s attention on them, instead of elsewhere raping and murdering civilians.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I found this Great history course an excellent overview of Eastern European history. You can watch it on Prime until the 31st of may. Covers the region and the history quite well.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
She's a recurring character. This clip is funnier if you have seen previous clips of the show.

Do we know here name or something about her career? I wonder if she's always been like that.

Also funny how sometimes that show is shot like a bridge scene on an episode of Star Trek with the camera circling around (not as pronounced in this clip, but some others I've seen were really weird, as similar shows in the west are usually pretty static in direction).

Top Bottom