• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan McCaffrey on Unlocked: There is nothing here (XSX launch lineup) that says I need to spend $500 dollars on XSX. Launch games

Do you find the Xbox Series S|X launch lineup disappointing?

• Total voters
Launch lineups have been underwhelming for 20 years. The last system I was really impressed with was the original Xbox and only because of Halo. Microsoft could have hit a homerun if Infinite was ready and an actual good game. PS5 has a solid lineup in comparison to the last two generations. Spiderman was a huge release for the ps4 and any follow up is a big deal. If DS remake was cross gen and offered a year or two ago everyone would be going nuts about it's release.

Montauk

Yeah I see there are many childish fanboys here and now it's getting worst because of the respective launches next month

Gamers who's only loyalty is to games and not to brands and international corporations seem like a rare breed these days. How do these people not get totally burnt-out by the whirring dynamo of burning hatred that has to be spinning constantly for them to be as angry as they are about everything, all the time?

Last edited:

DonJimbo

It doesn't help that everything they've gloated about Xbox missing or whatever, has backfired. I remember reading rumors on how the ps5 would be 13tf and the trolled on about it. Then came the 10 tf ssd spin lol.

Check this out from earlier today for example. How do you try to be condescending then play victim?

Gamers who's only loyalty is to games and not to brands and international corporations seem like a rare breed these days. How do these people not get totally burnt-out by the whirring dynamo of burning hatred that has to be spinning constantly for them to be as angry as they are about everything, all the time?
As a gamer who is not loyal to a company it's very hard sometimes they get angry when fanboysmake jokes about them and its starting an escalation that results in a ban

Havoc2049

Launch lineups have been underwhelming for 20 years. The last system I was really impressed with was the original Xbox and only because of Halo. Microsoft could have hit a homerun if Infinite was ready and an actual good game. PS5 has a solid lineup in comparison to the last two generations. Spiderman was a huge release for the ps4 and any follow up is a big deal. If DS remake was cross gen and offered a year or two ago everyone would be going nuts about it's release.

This gen is particularly bad though.

Taking a look at just past Xbox launch line ups.

Xbox launch highlights:
Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Dead or Alive 3
Oddworld: Munch's Odysee

Xbox 360 launch highlights:
Call of Duty 2
Kameo
Quake 4
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Condemned

Xbox One launch highlights:
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Ryse: Son of Rome

On the Xbox side, the one thing they have going for them with the Xbox Series S/X launch is backwards compatibility and the continuation of the online communities they have built up for series such as Halo, Gears, Minecraft, Forza, Sea of Thieves, Destiny, Fortnite, Rocket League, Call of Duty, etc. So once players finish with the meager offering of the launch games, they can go back to their favorite online games or revisit old single player classics.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
It feels like a "wait for holiday 2021" situation to me. The XSX has nothing that I can't play on my PC, and the PS5 is just so ugly I can't understand what the designers were thinking. I would not be happy with that thing in my living room the way it looks. Hopefully we'll have a new form factor or updated version next year, or enough highly rated exclusive games that it overcomes my distaste. But I just can't get over how ugly it looks. It's one of those things that I'd be pissed that I spent hundreds on it, every time I looked at it. And back to Xbox, I wrote this in a post a while back and sort of felt bad about it for being mean, but in reality it's true. You forgot the games, Phil.

TheKratos

I just preorder the Series S for shits and giggles, well I had a 500 euro gift card from work, and I will use purely for gamepass titles.

I was looking at the launch titles and not a single one interested me. Games like CW and Valhalla I will get on PS5/PC.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Do people recommend Unlocked?

I'm a podcast junkie and I listen to it.

But know this. It's the CNN of podcasts. As in it's a marketing podcast for XBox so expect a lot of spin.

With that being said, Ryan Mcaffery is corny interesting and IMO his other cohosts are largely forgettable.

Top Bottom