• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Shrout (the Arc graphics dude) announces he is leaving Intel

supernova8

Banned

niQEn7u.jpg

Pretty interesting timing considering that this is two days after Scott Herkleman announced he's leaving AMD...
Would be hilarious if they literally switched places (but I'm assuming Herkleman will join Intel to hype up Battlemage and Shrout will (edit) go back to PcPerspective?

Last edited:

hlm666

Maybe he's going back to pcperspective, never really understood what intel was getting from hiring him. Was like the low rent anand to apple move.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Maybe he's going back to pcperspective, never really understood what intel was getting from hiring him. Was like the low rent anand to apple move.
I kinda felt sorry for him because he was dealt a pretty shitty hand. Imagine being in charge of marketing Intel Arc and then it gets delayed over and over and over. I suppose in the end it (the messaging) is ultimately his fault if he was in charge of marketing.

hlm666

I kinda felt sorry for him because he was dealt a pretty shitty hand. Imagine being in charge of marketing Intel Arc and then it gets delayed over and over and over. I suppose in the end it (the messaging) is ultimately his fault if he was in charge of marketing.
Was he in charge of Arc marketing, The only person I saw during the Arc marketing in interviews and PR was the guy they grabbed from nvidia (Tom Peterson).

supernova8

Banned
Was he in charge of Arc marketing, The only person I saw during the Arc marketing in interviews and PR was the guy they grabbed from nvidia (Tom Peterson).
Apparently his title was Senior Director of Client Strategy, Graphics, and AI, plus I saw him in a lot of the deep-dive Arc videos. Then again I don't remember actually seeing him "on-stage" presenting anything so perhaps "Senior Director" doesn't actually mean that much when you're in these gigantic corporations :D

Top Bottom