• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 dev builds has leaked online

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ryan Hansen Starz GIF by Party Down

What we know for sure:
- Two devs builds have leaked online
- Files are encrypted
- This is legit, but you can't play this build unless it is decrypted
- Some information can still be extracted from this, time will tell

According to the logs, each of these dev builds is around 190GB in size.
Content of one of the build (click to zoom)

03gfai.png

Statement from GSC:

FxjV2J4XwAwEAr5

Last edited:

Hugare

... they have leaked their own game?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

To generate hype, maybe?

Atomic Heart also leaked and it didnt affect the game's reception. Because people realised that the game was good, so they wouldnt play a buggy mess version of it.

190gb, chunky boy

HL3.exe

Bummer.

"Could've come from the devs" I'm guessing devs wouldn't leak their own work they invested so much time in and want to give players the most polished things they can ship.

I work in film and I would never leak my own early cut.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
If the devs didn't want this, that's really sad.

If they did this on purpose to generate hype, I hope it suceeds.

But putting my conspiracy hat on: If they did that because they don't believe they will finish their game, either because they ran out of funding due to the war, due to their key devs diying due to the war, or any other reason why due to the war, that's sad and horrible.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
EDIT: By themselves? Well that's... interesting.
... they have leaked their own game?
Just to make this clear: it's a supposition for now, but the screen is weird.
And they didn't leaked it on purpose of course, it's probably a private torrent that the devs use to download the game that has been somehow made public.

And the files are encrypted so you can't just download the thing and play.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Probably leaked by one of the testers. No one's been able to crack the online requirements though, so it's practically useless and GSC has nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
If the devs "leaked" this themselves then there's likely more than meets the eye here.

Will be interesting to see what's uncovered once it's accessible.

whyman

I remember in the good old days when an early version of STALKER leaked. Me and a friend skipping school to run around in some environments getting super hyped to play the actual game. Such a thrill at that age to have access to an early version and seeing things that were not ready. Good times. 2003 I think.

Neilg

If they leaked it, that means they use torrents to share dev builds, and that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. I don't believe it's true.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I fairly fucking sure, it was Ruzzians, who we here kept, because we are deMoCRacy and couldn't say no to poor filthy Russians, fleeing the war. The studio location is known, thus you will learn what probable ip they have and so on. It isn't that hard.

Mr.Phoenix

Yes - Russias top priority right now is...leaking dev builds made by ukranian studios? Christ almighty.

I really hope this game is as good as it could be/looks to be. But I'm so skeptical.
I don't know what you are talking about, to be honest.

I had two cups of yogurt in my fridge yesterday, this morning I saw only one. I personally know it's the Russians.

If they could do that then they definitely leaked this shit.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Yes - Russias top priority right now is...leaking dev builds made by ukranian studios? Christ almighty.

I really hope this game is as good as it could be/looks to be. But I'm so skeptical.
Not the fucking Kremlin, but yeah there are a lot of ultranationalist types in Russia who would probably do something like this.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
From Reddit:

The post from the same community that leaked the original builds, states:

As promised, the decryption for the leaked build is here.
The issue was resolved by members of Discord community <censored>.
Decryption key is: <censored>
Build can be launched once <censored>.dll is cipied to the <censored> directory.
Be warned: first boot might take a long time, do not shut the game down.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Phase

Good thing I brought the plate of crow for y’all. Lol

This really sucks for GSC but doesn’t affect me getting this game at all. Day 1 no matter what.
I'll never get a game day 1 anymore. Doesn't even matter that Stalker is maybe my favorite game series of all time. But if it's good I'll certainly buy at full price.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Pretty sure it happened to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. too and it turned out fine (and the alphas were very much unlike the final game at the time too, more akin to the Half-Life 2 leaked alphas than something for people to steal, play and not care to get the game when it's released like Tears of the Kingdom) :)

Last edited:

giphy.gif

People are going to treat these graphics as final and it's going to be like the GTA 6 leaks all over again.

MiguelItUp

Good thing I brought the plate of crow for y’all. Lol

This really sucks for GSC but doesn’t affect me getting this game at all. Day 1 no matter what.
No kidding. I bought the Ultimate Edition as soon as I could and I have zero regrets. This kind of stuff really sucks for them.

Top Bottom