• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papacheeks

Banned
BBGameStudios.

BB?

Big Boss Game Studios.

Death Stranding also had a BB.

I am telling you, this has kojima written all over it. Let the carnival of stupid begin!

I wonder if this is his silent hills game but more of a reimagined silent hill. Death stranding in tone has a lot similarities with silent hill. Wonder if Norman Reedus is in this?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
vq7Djvp.jpg
See the tags for the game. Action and Tactical. That must be a metal gear reference. I thought Abandoned was a horror so why have a MGS Easter Egg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
vq7Djvp.jpg
see the tags for the game. Action and Tactical. Thats must be a metal gear reference. I thought Abandoned was a horror so why have a MGS Easter Egg
Yep. Only kojima uses Tactical in his games.

can anyone make some connections between Jason Longfield and MGS, Silent Hills or Death Stranding? Longfield is a very kojima esque name. The trailer showed Long fields and the main character is named Longfield? That's like Sam Porter or Quiet or Fragile.

Papacheeks

Banned
Exactly. Anyone thinking otherwise must've been born yesterday or something.

Kojima has done this before. Why would they tease that? Why would their site not work or have much information since it's creation?

Kojima has done this before with fake games. Blue point is doing mgs remake hence kojimy doing that death stranding director's cut video which is him putting mgs behind him.

He's making a new title possibly with Microsoft which is still in concept and in negotiations.

But the proof of concept for silent hill was his silent hills, and u see lots of horror element in death stranding.

Pretty sure kojima and others at Sony are working on this.

Soon.

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
Before anyone gets too excited, you can access the website at https://www.blueboxgamestudios.com/#about and they've published/released a crappy early access game on Steam called "The Haunting" alongside a developer called CreateQ Interactive.

While I want this to be some crazy 4D chess move by Sony and Kojima, it could easily be an indie dev trying to generate buzz/clout.

EDIT: Also this post after the original trailer:

Our response to the Hideo Kojima Rumors

We received several emails regarding the Hideo Kojima rumor. We have no association with Hideo Kojima nor do we claim to have any association nor was it our intention to claim such a statement. We are a small group of developers working on a passionate title we wanted to work on for a long time. We have been assisting other studios in the past with their projects and we wanted to work on our very first big project. While it is true that we've been working on small projects in the past, we certainly didn't use that for marketing purposes. We hope this has clarified this matter and hope to see you all in our very first gameplay reveal of Abandoned.

- The Team @BLUE BOX Game Studios

Last edited:

Three

Nothing about this makes any sense. "Abandoned = Silent Hill" (if it is that) means nothing at all. Abandoned is Silent Hill? What?

No, it's not. That not how compound words work.
If somebody had told you Playable Teaser = Silent Hill would that make sense to you? In the end it did. Not saying this is the case here but it's not like it hasn't happened before.

Last edited:

reksveks

Konami has given the license out and then either Sony or Kojima has decided to play this silly game? if true, thats extremely weird.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Silent hills was abandoned
Abandoned is silent hill?

What about that other horror game that everyone said was silent hill? Are there two silent hill fake outs in development?

Dabaus

Banned
Remember when Xbox shill Jeff grubb did immediate damage control when this revealed saying Kojima was working with ms and not Sony? This was always going to be silent hill and the blatant trolling from the company has Kojima viral Marketing all over. I’m calling Grubbs bluff here, he’s either misinformed or purposefully deceitful to make MS look good. In my opinion.

Last edited:
I’m going all in on the conspiracy theory. The studio founder, who’s name is attached to the original blog post, is on LinkedIn and listed as “Founder and Game Designer at BBGS”, from the Netherlands (the name is not Dutch at all, either) ie. where Guerilla is from, Kojima Productions’ close friends and partners through the Decima engine sharing. The founder’s LinkedIn has no picture, only 27 connections to very random people, no job or education history and very little other info.

I’m reaching, but it’s all in good fun. This kind of teasing is pretty funny.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You have to admit this makes no sense though, the links to Kojima, the way they've managed to get this big gig with Sony despite no past in the industry or findable records.

Something has to be up with this, I refuse to believe otherwise.
What makes you think they have a big gig with Sony?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
To get an exclusive deal with Sony, multiple PS Blog posts, this whole special live demo reveal, and the YouTube channel presence.
They are making a game, it is exclusive... that does not imply a big deal. Either does Sony letting them write a PSBlog post. Dinky ass games get PS Blog posts...

So is a lot of dumb indie shit. Anyone can apply to be on it. The footage shown looked awful and it was using a pre-made asset pack from ArtStation as the forest lol.

I will wager a permanent IP ban (or just account ban if not applicable) if this turns out to be anything more than a bunch of shit.
I'll take that bet, but not for a ban.

If it's a for fun, then I'll take a fun punishment at the least (DP change or what have you).

This studio developed random horror games like 4 years ago. It's not Kojima involved.

Plus if this account was a Kojima ruse, tweeting this obvious Silent Hill teaser would be the dumbest thing before the actual reveal.

Last edited:

Markio128

Just to add to the madness I’d like to add that Silent Hill had Blue (blue box) Creek apartments and Woodside (video is shot in woods) apartments. Yes I’m clutching at straws, but why not have fun with it?

Top Bottom