• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arachnid

If people showed so much "love" for Silent Hill when it actually mattered, maybe it wouldn't have been a dead series now.
3AOJV0p.gif

If people showed so much "love" for Silent Hill when it actually mattered, maybe it wouldn't have been a dead series now.
We showed all our love when Konami made the real Silent Hill games. It was just not possible to show love for the outsourced games to western studios because they were so much worse then the main entries.

So Konami screwed the series up. They even tried a renewal with Silent Hills and the demo got so much love that it is still considered one of the best horror games. Unfortunately shortly after Konami decided that the Pachinko machines is where the money is, so they nearly completely stopped to make real games.

So you cannot really blame the people for the state of the series.

They did, when the series was actually good 1-4
It didnt even sell well. There was a record showing even if you combine all the sh games from 1- downpour, it couldn't even reach the total sales of resident evil 5. Now that there are rumors of bloober making it, what happens? It gets shit on immediately.

Last edited:
Now that there are rumors of bloober making it, what happens? It gets shit on immediately.
And that well deserved. If you played the Medium, you know why.

Only a Japanese developer understand Japanese horror well enough to make a real Silent Hill game. It’s like American movie remakes or anime adaptions they always get butchered.

A.Romero

I took it as him working on a big title (Silent Hill) and the radical new protect (the cloud game).
How?

He says:

You mean the new work he is starting is SH? Because I'm guessing the next level of experimentation with a radical project is what could be the cloud based game, right?

Assuming he will start working on SH this year, how does it fit with the previous rumours that were saying that the game would be shown?

Also, how is any of that related to Abandoned (which I'm guessing didn't release anything before the end of 2021 as promised).

How?

He says:

You mean the new work he is starting is SH? Because I'm guessing the next level of experimentation with a radical project is what could be the cloud based game, right?

Assuming he will start working on SH this year, how does it fit with the previous rumours that were saying that the game would be shown?

Also, how is any of that related to Abandoned (which I'm guessing didn't release anything before the end of 2021 as promised).

Doom85

And that well deserved. If you played the Medium, you know why.

Only a Japanese developer understand Japanese horror well enough to make a real Silent Hill game. It’s like American movie remakes or anime adaptions they always get butchered.

…..but you do realize these Japanese games take inspiration from American horror? Jacob’s Ladder was a big one, and they weren’t even subtle with the Session 9 reference in SH 3. The acting style in 2 was also reminiscent of David Lynch films (also possibly intentional, David Lynch is sometimes referenced by Japanese works including the Zelda game Link’s Awakening and the anime Soul Eater).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Monsters and a flashlight? 🤔

I don’t think it’s a sign of things to come. James P. Hogan is an author he really enjoys. I read “Inherit the Stars” by him recently. Hideo Kojima was really into 70’s science fiction growing up. I found out about James P Hogan by reading Hideo Kojima’s book. He loves reading books.

Last edited:
Top Bottom