• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think thats Mads standing on the ladders.
I think if that is supposed to be an actor, I am pretty sure it’s a stand-in.

Kojima says he is still changing the script and is experimenting. Pretty sure that if you fly the talent in, you make sure that you know exactly what and how you want to do it, because every minute counts.

I think if that is supposed to be an actor, I am pretty sure it’s a stand-in.

Kojima says he is still changing the script and is experimenting. Pretty sure that if you fly the talent in, you make sure that you know exactly what and how you want to do it, because every minute counts.
That looks like Mad’s build.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Not graphically, or functionally, taking animations into account.

EDIT: I was just teasing because that’s what Team Fake said when the video came out. It was supposed to be so easy, Unreal apparently had it all ready to go out of the box! It’d only take the better part of an afternoon to create the demo we witnessed because all the next-gen textures were included or if missing they could all be bought online for pennies! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

It's wild to me that you are serious with this stuff but I still <3 u.

Not graphically, or functionally, taking animations into account.

EDIT: I was just teasing because that’s what Team Fake said when the video came out. It was supposed to be so easy, Unreal apparently had it all ready to go out of the box! It’d only take the better part of an afternoon to create the demo we witnessed because all the next-gen textures were included or if missing they could all be bought online for pennies! :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I said BOTH wronged us and abandoned do and will look like trash.

The Abandoned 5 second clip is a floor, and someone's legs, in the bloody dark. There's nothing that looks good in there. It's exactly like the 1 second Wronged Us teaser to get people excited about a pile of shit on the floor.

bitbydeath

The Abandoned 5 second clip is a floor, and someone's legs, in the bloody dark. There's nothing that looks good in there. It's exactly like the 1 second Wronged Us teaser to get people excited about a pile of shit on the floor.
The length of the clip doesn’t matter, that is the next-gen graphics we’ve been waiting for.

eIBcK7w.gif

And it’s even better looking in 4K.

tommib

Wronged Us at least is showing some atmosphere in the gameplay trailer. Game could be good.

bitbydeath

Dude I've watched the real thing on my ps5 on 4k oled.
Looks even worse. Not even hdr
C’mon stop the BS.
You’re better off claiming it’s CGI if you wish to downplay it. The graphics are phenomenal on my TV.

Edit: Were you impressed by the textures in the UE5 demo or was that also not impressive on your TV?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It’s a shame other devs don’t have access to them. Hell, even God of War Ragnarok could use some of those free texture upgrades!

Beep boop bop; boppity bippity boop.

(figured that response would get through to you the same as the 10 times I've explained to you the concept of why a simple cutscene of a floor can have higher fidelity than an actual game, not that it's even that high in the first place lol)

bitbydeath

Beep boop bop; boppity bippity boop.

(figured that response would get through to you the same as the 10 times I've explained to you the concept of why a simple cutscene of a floor can have higher fidelity than an actual game, not that it's even that high in the first place lol)
Check out the floor difference in Wronged Us.

I mean I said it multiple times, but what impressed me more about this teaser was the choice of angle for the camera not to reveal much and the perfect choice of music. I don’t think Hasan can pull this off by himself, until he suddenly is blessed with a talent, which is not showing in his other games.

C’mon stop the BS.
You’re better off claiming it’s CGI if you wish to downplay it. The graphics are phenomenal on my TV.

Edit: Were you impressed by the textures in the UE5 demo or was that also not impressive on your TV?
I genuinely have no idea what it is you see in this scene. It’s incredible to me.

Everyone else sees 5 seconds of footage with free textures and assets put together by a complete amateur that admittedly probably worked hard on it, you see the Mona Lisa.

200.gif

I mean I said it multiple times, but what impressed me more about this teaser was the choice of angle for the camera not to reveal much and the perfect choice of music. I don’t think Hasan can pull this off by himself, until he suddenly is blessed with a talent, which is not showing in his other games.
It’s free music. The angle of the camera to not reveal anything and not have to do a lot of work, yes, is exactly the point. He masterfully showed a floor and half of man in almost complete darkness, set to a royalty free music track he probably spent an hour searching for, to trick people into thinking it was something more than it is.

just like the initial wronged us tease which had almost movement, and showed things at a distance. Once you saw the complete picture, it looks much closer to rubbish.

bitbydeath

I genuinely have no idea what it is you see in this scene. It’s incredible to me.

Everyone else sees 5 seconds of footage with free textures and assets put together by a complete amateur that admittedly probably worked hard on it, you see the Mona Lisa.

200.gif
The irony is that the ‘free’ textures are better than what a lot of AAA can do. You probably remember my direct comparison with RDR2 floorboards and lots of people think that game looks good.

bitbydeath

It’s free music. The angle of the camera to not reveal anything and not have to do a lot of work, yes, is exactly the point. He masterfully showed a floor and half of man in almost complete darkness, set to a royalty free music track he probably spent an hour searching for, to trick people into thinking it was something more than it is.

just like the initial wronged us tease which had almost movement, and showed things at a distance. Once you saw the complete picture, it looks much closer to rubbish.
It’s not free textures or music, if it were then every dev would use them.

It is absolutely royalty free music. I’m too lazy to look it up, but it’s well known. What is it about that music track that’s so remarkable? That doesn't mean it's bad music, just that it is royalty free.

the textures and floor are cheap assets on the store. They’re not free, but they’re not expensive. People know which ones they are, and they’ve been linked here multiple times, so I’m not going to do it again.

Last edited:

tommib

The song can be purchased for peanuts on the label website to be used on content:

G7OvBbk.png

OSIb2uc.jpg

it’s muzaq music made for people like Hasan who can’t afford to actually pay music artists. It’s generic bullshit used for local second hand car salesmen.

we’ve been through this before. 😭

Last edited:

bitbydeath

It is absolutely royalty free music. I’m too lazy to look it up, but it’s well known. What is it about that music track that’s so remarkable? That doesn't mean it's bad music, just that it is royalty free.

the textures and floor are cheap assets on the store. They’re not free, but they’re not expensive. People know which ones they are, and they’ve been linked here multiple times, so I’m not going to do it again.
tommib tommib just proved you wrong, it’s not free.
And that texture that was posted looked nothing alike.

The song can be purchased for peanuts on the label website to be used on content:

G7OvBbk.png

OSIb2uc.jpg

it’s muzaq music made for people like Hasan who can’t afford to actually pay music artists. It’s generic bullshit used for local second hand car salesmen.

we’ve been through this before. 😭
Although you've found the link, posted the evidence, don't expect anyone to actually listen.
I appreciate that you tried...again.

tommib tommib just proved you wrong, it’s not free.
And that texture that was posted looked nothing alike.
The texture posted IS the same. It looks exactly alike because it is the same texture.
Fine, it's not free, it can be licensed super cheaply. It's from a generic, licensable muzak you can license for cheap. It's the music equivalent of the asset store cheap assets. How hard is this to understand?

bitbydeath

The texture posted IS the same. It looks exactly alike because it is the same texture.
Fine, it's not free, it can be licensed super cheaply. It's from a generic, licensable muzak you can license for cheap. It's the music equivalent of the asset store cheap assets. How hard is this to understand?
It looked nothing alike, you just ran with what people said without looking at it, the moment the comparison was shown everyone shut up.

Also not sure why you’re even bringing up music, when the official teaser had none.

It looked nothing alike, you just ran with what people said without looking at it, the moment the comparison was shown everyone shut up.

Also not sure why you’re even bringing up music, when the official teaser had none.
I'm not going to get into it with the texture any further. You clearly see what you want to see, and hear what you want to hear. You think the Abandoned teaser has 8K infinite detail textures, that the half-body is Norman Reedus, etc.

This has no music?
Abandoned - Official "Teaser" - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom