• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
2019 is three years too early, that’s enough time to complete a game. And he’s confirmed to be showing said game later this year. If it were something he was still trying to work out the details on, 1. He’d have nothing to show yet. 2. He wouldn’t have begun mo-cap already.

Sorry I wasn't really following the full convo.. didn't read the post you quoted, was just addressing what you said in that one post about a game not having an engine when it's in "early stages".... that's just really not true.. it may have an engine, might not.. everything said is vague.

And "early stages" can mean a million things.

We honestly just don't KNOW much at all... there's things that are likely/less likely but it's all guessing..

my guess?

November 2019 - Game is a twinkle in Kojimas eye, but he probably already had been conceptualizing it, potentially even "working on it" in the pre-production sense
Early 2020 - From rumors it sounds like Kojima started talks with Stadia.. so he likely had concept art and other documentation enough to do a pitch
May 2020 - Kojima says he's pissed a project fell through.. so there goes full funding for this project
June 2021 - Rumor comes out about the Xbox "letter of intent".. this generally does mean unless the 2 parties want to piss each other off that work can start, called a "verbal go ahead".. but you pay for that work yourself, to be reconciled after the "verbal" becomes a "written" go ahead

My best guess? Game was at best a prototype 1 year ago. but I would guess quickly ramped up from there.

But it's also possible Kojima has been self funding the dev of this game since 2020 as though he expected it to be picked up by a publisher willing to fund an experimental cloud based game.

We have no idea.

Was any of the mo-cap stuff made for this game? I have no clue.. my guess would be no.. but it's just a guess.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Sorry I wasn't really following the full convo.. didn't read the post you quoted, was just addressing what you said in that one post about a game not having an engine when it's in "early stages".... that's just really not true.. it may have an engine, might not.. everything said is vague.

And "early stages" can mean a million things.

We honestly just don't KNOW much at all... there's things that are likely/less likely but it's all guessing..

my guess?

November 2019 - Game is a twinkle in Kojimas eye, but he probably already had been conceptualizing it, potentially even "working on it" in the pre-production sense
Early 2020 - From rumors it sounds like Kojima started talks with Stadia.. so he likely had concept art and other documentation enough to do a pitch
May 2020 - Kojima says he's pissed a project fell through.. so there goes full funding for this project
June 2021 - Rumor comes out about the Xbox "letter of intent".. this generally does mean unless the 2 parties want to piss each other off that work can start, called a "verbal go ahead".. but you pay for that work yourself, to be reconciled after the "verbal" becomes a "written" go ahead

My best guess? Game was at best a prototype 1 year ago. but I would guess quickly ramped up from there.

But it's also possible Kojima has been self funding the dev of this game since 2020 as though he expected it to be picked up by a publisher willing to fund an experimental cloud based game.

We have no idea.

Was any of the mo-cap stuff made for this game? I have no clue.. my guess would be no.. but it's just a guess.
Game was meant to be showed off last year, remember all the comparisons we had of both Kojima and Blue Box delaying at the same time?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Yes, that's exactly what a lot of developers do. They continue work on a game while presenting it to prospective publishers to pick up. It's entirely common and maybe exactly what happened here.

Anyway, in other news Jeff Grubb has also called this new Kojima Xbox game Overdose in the latest bomb cast. So I guess that settles that debate. Kojima's horror game Overdose will have experimental cloud based aspects to it. Maybe this is the game insiders were talking about last year that it will ring your actual phone and some shit like that.

IntentionalPun

Apparently Geoff K referred to Kojima's Xbox game as overdose... so... I guess that's it.

edit: Oh.. beaten.. damn I left this browser window open a long time! lol

Game was meant to be showed off last year, remember all the comparisons we had of both Kojima and Blue Box delaying at the same time?

No? What Kojima game was delayed?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Yes, that's exactly what a lot of developers do. They continue work on a game while presenting it to prospective publishers to pick up. It's entirely common and maybe exactly what happened here.

Yeah the more work you put into it the better that "presentation" is to prospective publishers.

MS could easily have given Kojima full access to Azure / AzureDevOps / PlayFab for "free" even before all the dotted lines are signed.

IntentionalPun

EhFDUKK.png

YaB3X1T.png

bitbydeath

Then he deleted the link... and put the Turkish word "kiralik" there, which means "for rent."

If you can't seem to get that all of the Abandoned stuff this guy is doing is trolling I don't know what to tell you my brother in Christ.
People are speculating the ‘for rent’ has to do with what the account offers. The posting of a broken link is a euphemism on that story Gamespot posted is broken/wrong. Notice it was never corrected.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

People are speculating the ‘for rent’ has to do with what the account offers. The posting of a broken link is a euphemism on that story Gamespot posted is broken/wrong. Notice it was never corrected.
Exactly the kind of shit that has the guy behind this account cackling all day. Gets the ego boos of being a leaker, as well as a troll lol

bitbydeath

Maybe kiralik on The Snitch’s profile meaning hire/rent is referring to Hasan not being a real employee since it is written in Hasan’s native language, Turkish.

Doczu

You know what i'd want (Other than the game being real of course)?
I want them to tell if the game (and reveal!) was delayed

I went back through pages and pages of absolute bollocks to find that gem 🤣
There was another thread for a PlayStation event, and people were watching someone else’s stream of it, and he had some silent hilly stuff, and there were a few people posting, “Get fucked team fake! Abandoned is real!”
Also pure comedy gold. I might troll back through and see if I can find it.

Damn - I thought this thread was going to stay quiet until Para's temp was over.
To be fair, there's not much to comment on. Since kojima/hasan killed the ex president of Japan, he's been locked up hasn't he. Literally can't develop Metal Gear Solid 6 and Silent Hills from jail. Can't get on twatter. Can't groom 12year olds. Must be bored shitless 🤷🏽‍♂️

Top Bottom