• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sable: 2021 chill game of the year

I thought about posting a review for this game, but one of my favorite reviewers on YouTube sums up my feelings better than what I could have typed. Highly recommend watching his review.

This game is simply one of the most quietly relaxed and beautiful games I've played in a long time. A kind of warmth that can push away the "Sunday scaries". Not sure how else to describe this game beyond what Skill Up has said. The entire game, so far, feels like that moment in many RPG games when you've returned to your characters home town after spending many hours grinding away in dungeons. At least for me that relaxed feeling is the whole game. I highly recommend you take a moment to chill with Sable.

Anyone else here cruising the sand dunes on their hoverbike?

elliot5

I want to check it out but all the reports about really bad bugs has dissuaded me. If they can iron out these issues I'll give it a peep

I want to check it out but all the reports about really bad bugs has dissuaded me. If they can iron out these issues I'll give it a peep
I haven't encountered anything game breaking. The only issue I've seen is stuttering which can be slightly annoying at times.

Nah, its Mini Motorways

Netflix GIF by Daybreak

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
'Was just filling up my Gliding Stone at the Altar.

The Moebius aesthetic is fantastic. The music is so relaxing. The world seems very interesting too, even if I anticipate it not being really fleshed out judging by the file size of the game.

Makes me think of a more meaty Journey or some such. Art but with some meat to the (gameplay) bone.

Cant wait to play more.

Bartski

Gold Member
been playing quite a bit yesterday and it does have a charm that compensates for so many technical issues it arrives with. Indeed gaming in relax mode. A project that would really shine with proper production value

Kagey K

Banned
Artful Escape has been my chill game of the year so far, didn't play much into Sable though, the hitching and stuttering were too much for me. Will go back after a patch or two.

Played for quite a while last night. I was confused about making my bike as the interactions with the stuff on the table would not come up unless I left the mechanic area and came back and kind of snuck up on the stuff. Then when everything was put together it didn't allow me to try out the bike. It wasn't till later that I noticed you just whistle and your bike will come meet you.
Does this game have an end goal? Or is it just wander around opening chests? I went to something called the Wind Tower and the only thing there were 2 chests with some clothing. Had to do a little climbing to get the windmill going.

Last edited:

Sausy1987

Artful Escape has been my chill game of the year so far, didn't play much into Sable though, the hitching and stuttering were too much for me. Will go back after a patch or two.
Echoes everything I wanted to say . Artful escape is awesome . The stuttering in sable drove me mad I deleted it after a hour , wasn't really digging it anyways

Top Bottom