• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAINTS ROW – Gameplay Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Officially revealed at The Game Awards, our brand new Saints Row gameplay trailer gives you a glimpse of the crew’s journey to Saint-dom, sneak peeks of customisation and a buckets of those only-in-Saints-Row moments you know and love.

In Santo Ileso, you either have the power, or you want to take it. The Saints are on a path to dominating this city, and you need to lead them as whatever Boss you want to be, this is Saints Row after all. We are serving up Saint-on-faction action as we show off just some of the ways you can head off against your rivals – there are so many options from explosive weaponry and brand new guns to an up-close and personal takedown or swift melee assault. The many ways to dispatch your enemies to the Santo Ileso in the sky isn’t all we’ve got in our arsenal, we’ve got high-speed vehicle action including boats, cars, ariel assaults and of course, chaos-inducing tanks.

In just 2 minutes you are gonna see:

• New sandbox reveals including helicopter tether thefts.
• New vehicles – look out for them!
• New combat - fresh takedowns, new weapons, offensive and defensive set pieces, dual wielding and more.
• New outfits and NPCs – from the weird, to the wild, and the unfortunate Santo Ileso citizens caught up in the middle of the madness.
• Story moments – a little more about the Saints’ rise to power.
• A pinch of customization – we are a tease.
• And a whole lotta Saints Row DNA.

What a ride! Strap in, The Saints are coming for you on August 23 2022!

Lupin25

Appears to be somewhat an upgrade on next-gen. That might lure me, but not with a pre-order and only on sale.

8/23 is also quite a delay, a lot will forget about this game by then.
(If they haven’t already)

Last edited:

McCheese

pretty much that, and Fortnite has some of the ugliest most vulgar art direction out there.

Games Jules GIF by Fortnite

drotahorror

Looks kind of fun, better than expected. Never was a big Saints Row fan at all.

But EGS exclusive it seems for PC....so fuck it.

Twinblade

Can we play as one of the gangs that can kill hipster with an non-binary leader, and nerdy gangsters?

Last edited:

FingerBang

This looks better than when they first showed it, but I really can't stand the default character they chose to represent the game. I don't get how that haircut has become synonym for badass, but it's not and they should stop doing that.

ripeavocado

Banned
Looks awful.

it will only be successful if it manage to lure the fortnite and GTA online crowds.
This is what they are aiming at.

It looked pretty good visually and even kind of fun, but not like Saints Row. Well, at least it has a creation mode even though I’m expecting it to be toned down.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
the gliding is cool and could lead to some fun scenarios. other than that it looks okay. the fucked up announcement still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

JCK75

When you spend all of your budget on hookers and coke, you just export your characters directly from DAZ3D

elliot5

I legit don't understand the hate this game is getting. It looks like a modern day saints row to me. The art style looks fine. Let's not act like SR3 or 4 were lookers. It looks like a less cartoony version of Agents of Mayhem (their last game which was a dud lol). The gameplay looks exactly like Saint's Row.

Laptop1991

I do like the gameplay which is the most important part of gaming for me, so i do like the game, the characters still don't fit for me but not a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom