• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row free weekend on Xbox

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'd rather take a hammer to my xbox than play that game.

No you wont.

HYPERBOLE

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

played some more. Wingsuits kinda cool. I like the little sparta kick. I won't say the driving is good. But at least its not bad or broken like the aiming is. The map isn't terrible. I haven't seen enough of it to say its good. But there are lots of streets, alleys and short cuts. With lots of strategically placed ramps. I could almost see it being cool if it was repurposed for an actual good game. That was No Country for Old Men-esque. But they really dialed up the ORANGE to 11. to an annoying degree.

One mission i played was decent. As far as ramping up the Action. As ur hopping from car roof to truck bed and back. While shooting. But again its hindered by the clunky movement, clunky melee and bad shooting mechanics. Characters so far are tolerable. but thats the best i can say for them. The themes and dialogue is just resetera A.I bot driven or something. Blue hairs in the room as Colin Moriarty would say

the open world has some cool concepts. but most aren't done well. The wingsuit towers are fine. I like the idea of dumpster diving...but all u get is flavor text that tells you what you found. Which is lame. Should be like a loot box graphic and noise to be something special. Like show me a pic of the shoes i found at least. I like the open world Take a Photo of this landmark/Point of interest types of things in games. Less of a fan when the game tells you exactly where to find this.

which this feels very much like a checklist open world. That holds ur hand to tell u where everything you can ever find or do is. No exploration. I really haven't found anything yet while just roaming around that wasn't already on the map. The historical areas thing is cool. But tedious

There does seem to be a lot of weapons in the game. But all the ones i've used so far feel lackluster. Also as the trend with new games. We just seem to get farther and farther away of all the cool shit we could do in games before as all new games are just casual homegenized nonsense...but yeh theres like no interactivity with the world. I have found no interiors on the map that weren't clothes or gun stores. And u can't do anything in them. Haven't found a vehicle that you could do cool extra stuff with. NPCS are more braindead than games you played the last two gens

Last edited:
Just another example that pandering to that crowd is stupid. They aren't buying your games. They're looking for their next mission/target on social media.
Every saints row was inclusive. There were always all the weirdest tropes of characters.
The game is hardly woker than previous titles.

it is purple though and not very good.
Oh knock it off with that crap. Of course this one is more woke. That's why they changed the names of the stores to be PC. They're freaking college kids trying to pay student loans by starting a gang. These were the softer Saints. The one you would want to hang out with. They were definitely aiming for a certain crowd. A crowd that wasn't buying their game regardless.

In the 3rd one (pretty sure it was the 3rd one, could have been 4), they even had a joke like, "They don't like guns? What are they, Democrats?" Highly doubt they would ever have a joke like that in the new one.

Top Bottom