• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sales of Cyberpunk 2077 more than doubled after next-gen update, with majority on PlayStation

Spaceman292

Banned
true. people never learn. Witcher 4 will have a fuck load of pre orders. The excuse will be "CDPR is going back to what they are good at! It's Witcher! They know what they are doing!"

then if something happens like a graphics downgrade or features missing....

iu
They'll release another great game that's really buggy at launch. Same as Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, Witcher 2 and Witcher 1.

Dynasty8

Just picked it up myself, waiting to finally experience the next gen version on my series x. Anything I should know beforehand like settings, things to turn on/off?

Sony: Your game is broken, get the fuck outta my store
CDPR: >: (
Sony: Your game sold the most on Playstation!
CDPR: : D

CDPR acquisition confirmed.

I wouldn't buy CDPR if I were Sony or anyone else. It took CDPR almost 10 years to make Cyberpunk 2077. That's 10 years without revenue while you're pouring in money, more money into the project. And when Cyberpunk 2077 was finally released, it was a completely broken and unplayable game on all platform besides PC.

Gee

If you can get it cheap it’s worth it IMO.

For CDPR you simply need to wait a year or two. Did it for W3 and CP2077, and I’m perfectly fine with the experience I got for the money I paid.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You’ll see cyberpunk 2077 debates the community punished the devs for having bugs.

Arachnid

Well deserved. Fantastic game.

Lol @ gamer boycotts. It's Modern Warfare all over again.

The game was fun, right now there's nothing with this quality of open world out there in that environment. Deus Ex comes close but now with the size of the world they've built and the richness of it.

Even the side missions in this game are great fun.

People said Reeves "phoned in" his lines, but that's just the character.
People said that? I thought that was the best performance he's ever given. For once, I wasn't just watching Keanu Reeves play himself.

Last edited:
You really chose 2022 to say people have a lack of games on PlayStation while Xbox has a lot huh...
Nobody cares tbh. The most played games on both consoles are the old 3rd party live service games and evergreens. So people have plenty to play on both consoles, and anything new from 1st parties is barely even a drop in the bucket.

Madflavor

His patronizing, gratuitously aggressive tone over someone badmouthing his fucking little game.
Thanks for asking.

Don't you think that's the pot calling the kettle black there? You came in here calling people suckers for liking a game. You were hostile and condescending right outta the gate. When you got called out, you lashed out even more. You called the guy useless and whiny, despite the fact that you seem to take issue with people enjoying something you don't like.

Sort your issues out man, and maybe learn what pompous actually means while you're at it.

EDMIX

It's a world of suckers out there.

I went through a similar process. "let's wait for updates, maybe at some point it will improve enough".
And then i came to terms with the fact that there's no amount of fixing that can save this one from being a complete stinker, because it's simply poorly designed at its core and the bugs and technical shortcomings aren't even half of the problems.

Truth.

When its so much fixes needed, it would literally require them to make a new game, its time to let it go. Same with 2042. Its just too much work, too much that needs to be redesigned and lots of us would rather see them just start a new game and move on.

WitchHunter

true. people never learn. Witcher 4 will have a fuck load of pre orders. The excuse will be "CDPR is going back to what they are good at! It's Witcher! They know what they are doing!"

then if something happens like a graphics downgrade or features missing....

iu
There won't be any issues, since that is built with unreal engine 5 > ))).

Kagey K

Banned
Well deserved for an amazing game. Majority on Playstation, but also a significant portion on Xbox.

yOFe6en.jpg
The funny thing is you could always buy it on Xbox.

The relisting at a sale price drove a bunch of buyers on PS because it was delisted and then relisted.

If anything it taught publishers that if you make it scarce and then resell it demand can go way up.

I imagine we are going to see more of this going forward.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
And so it's the gunplay, the quest structure, the atrocious looting system/itemization, the poorly thought progression/leveling system, the bad and overly-linear player agency, etc, etc, etc.
You're good at repeating buzzwords but I'm not sure you actually know what you're talking about

Sentenza

You're good at repeating buzzwords but I'm not sure you actually know what you're talking about
Conversely, you are painfully mediocre at acting smug when running your mouth only to spout hollow bullshit, but if you wish I can teach you the proper meaning of words.
Do you need a crash course on what "gunplay" means, by any chance?

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Conversely, you are painfully mediocre at acting smug when running your mouth only to spout hollow bullshit, but if you wish I can teach you the proper meaning of words.
Do you need a crash course on what "gunplay" means, by any chance?
You just listed a load of random stuff and didn't actually say anything. None of the things you mentioned are bad in cyberpunk.

Sentenza

You just listed a load of random stuff and didn't actually say anything.
You have just poor understanding, so don't blame it on others using "buzzzwords" to justify your limits.
Or do I need to invest 15 minutes to explain to you why the lack of visual feedback on hit, the bullet-spongy nature of enemies, the poor balance of weapons and the wonky animations ALL contribute to create issues in what is generally summarized as "gunplay" in a shooter?

None of the things you mentioned are bad in cyberpunk.
They absolutely fucking are, but feel free to settle for your abysmal standards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom