• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Salt and Sacrifice Epic Games Store exclusive

Ezquimacore

Banned
I used to be mad about this but now I have like 30 games on epic without spending a cent, so I guess they bought my silence. Good job.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
At this point these EGS exclusivity announcements make me want to buy the game even less because I know they'll probably be giving the game away for free before the year is up.
Same problem for me. Bought world l war z and then it became free later on.
I hesitate buying from the store because of that exact reason.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Ah yes, the always winning combo of being EGS and PS exclusive. 🙄
At least PS exclusive is a relatively safe option given the install base etc. EGS is that place that gives out free games and has a much higher chance of people refusing to buy anything from there.

We know that EGS makes money because we saw the data on which games made the money back after being given away for free, but it seems like much more of a "Take the instant payout and lose in the long run" deal for the publisher.

All I know for sure is that I'm never installing EGS.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
So they made huge bucks on steam, took the upfront cash from Epic, and will barely have any gradual income jus tlike all the other epic indies and then in 1 year they'll return to steam and everyone will have most likely moved on from it. Good luck to them.

zeorhymer

So they made huge bucks on steam, took the upfront cash from Epic, and will barely have any gradual income jus tlike all the other epic indies and then in 1 year they'll return to steam and everyone will have most likely moved on from it. Good luck to them.
I've always wondered about this. Wasn't Hades an EGS exclusive then then went to Steam and then blew up?

Note: Found it. "Former Epic Exclusive, Hades, celebrates 1 million sales with Steam sales more than doubling those of Epic & Switch combined"

They could pull off the same success.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
EGS exclusivity is pretty meh for me as this would be a console purchase anyway. Game isn't going to look any better on PC than console.

Should I play the 1st one? This game is a day 1 buy for me but never played the first

I haven't heard anything about them continuing the story, but the first one is pretty damn great. There are secrets up the keister with this game, and it can be just as mean as any other Soulslike out there. The art design is really good to (I guess they have done previous games with this artstyle).

I really hope this ends up being as good as the original game was.
Oh I misread. Definitely won't pass. Day one. (Just not the Epic version. Either Switch or PS5, not sure yet).
Honestly, the first game was fantastic too. It's about five years old now so you could probably get it cheap if you wanted to try it out now. Just had a quick look, 70% discount for the PS4 download at the moment, $5.39. Quite often with sales the same games get them across formats at the same time so it'll certainly be worth checking whichever you prefer.

jaysius

Banned
The first one had a pretty good difficulty curve until you get a weapon and then the entire thing was pure trash.

Hopefully this one is balanced better.

skit_data

I hope they get remappable controls for PS4/PS5. I kinda liked the first game but the controls were horrible tbh.

GHG

Gold Member
Well fuck em.

If I don't end up grabbing it for PS5 at some point I'll get it a year later on Steam when it's on sale.

[Sigma]

Getting on PS5. For for PC folks who don't like EGS. First game was great. In Silva I trust. No Ska Studios slander will be tolearated.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

Looks like another game I'll either buy on console or skip completely. Too many great games to sweat the ones that don't release on Steam.

Kokoloko85

Its funny how PC gamers tell console owners to just buy all the consoles, and stop argunig over plastic boxes but go on a hate another app that rivals their precious steam…

The first game was good so this might be awesome

CitizenZ

Banned
The first one had a pretty good difficulty curve until you get a weapon and then the entire thing was pure trash.

Hopefully this one is balanced better.

I didnt think it was bad, but the one on the lake, holy sht on new game + I took an L.

I click the button I start the game. That's all these clients mean to me.
Same, although I have a preference for steam, I'm not going to really tell a difference once you get past the title screen.
Its funny how PC gamers tell console owners to just buy all the consoles, and stop argunig over plastic boxes but go on a hate another app that rivals their precious steam…

The first game was good so this might be awesome
PC gamers just like having the best options or hardware to play games on. That's why none of us got mad when Microsoft put their games on MS store or steam. Obviously steam is the better store front, and MS realized this.

Sony has realized this as well, hence buying a company that specializes on porting to PC. Great for all gamers across the board.

EGS vs Steam isn't the same as just buying all the consoles, not in the least bit. You don't need to purchase additional hardware to play a game, but the preference to have your gaming library app in one place is important to many. Especially as one supports mods, beta builds for supported games, etc.

Mister Wolf

Same, although I have a preference for steam, I'm not going to really tell a difference once you get past the title screen.

PC gamers just like having the best options or hardware to play games on. That's why none of us got mad when Microsoft put their games on MS store or steam. Obviously steam is the better store front, and MS realized this.

Sony has realized this as well, hence buying a company that specializes on porting to PC. Great for all gamers across the board.

EGS vs Steam isn't the same as just buying all the consoles, not in the least bit. You don't need to purchase additional hardware to play a game, but the preference to have your gaming library app in one place is important to many. Especially as one supports mods, beta builds for supported games, etc.

If Discord didn't exist i probably would favor Steam.

It's ok for the people that paid good money for a piece of hardware to have access to a specific library, to see that library start to go elsewhere, thus devaluing the money put into the purchase, so long as the games are coming your way, but heaven forfend PC-only gamers have a de-centralised library?

As someone with a Steam account with 200+ games, I do not expect it to just receive every game ever released, far from it. Console gamers that say, bought into the Playstation ecosystem and then are seeing that library they bought into being ported, don't need to care about your convenience, and nor should they. I'm not surprised they're fucked off.

'Great for all gamers across the board'. No it's good for you, because you get the extra games without paying the $500 for their system, and pre-emptively, having paid more than that for a rig doesn't mean anything. That was a choice.

Steam account entitlement is a TRIP.

It's ok for the people that paid good money for a piece of hardware to have access to a specific library, to see that library start to go elsewhere, thus devaluing the money put into the purchase, so long as the games are coming your way, but heaven forfend PC-only gamers have a de-centralised library?

As someone with a Steam account with 200+ games, I do not expect it to just receive every game ever released, far from it. Console gamers that say, bought into the Playstation ecosystem and then are seeing that library they bought into being ported, don't need to care about your convenience, and nor should they. I'm not surprised they're fucked off.

'Great for all gamers across the board'. No it's good for you, because you get the extra games without paying the $500 for their system, and pre-emptively, having paid more than that for a rig doesn't mean anything. That was a choice.

Steam account entitlement is a TRIP.
But I don't want to pay a $500 expense for a lesser quality experience than I could have on my PC. The same way a console player wouldn't want to spend the money for a PC. It goes both ways. But what matters at the end of the day, is the ability to play the game on your system or choice. And choice is a great thing, and both Sony and Microsoft have realized this. The last player to jump on board, it's Nintendo. They've dipped into the mobile space, and all is left us PC.

bronk

Banned
Salt and Sanctuary is one of my favorite games of last gen. I had no clue about a new one. Into my fucking veins!
They still need to re release one of the best multiplayer games ever ZP2KX: Zombies and Pterodactyls.

DavidGzz

Never got anywhere close to finishing the first and it's because of that art style/animation combo. Still the same. Ugh

Top Bottom