• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Salt and Sacrifice releasing May 10th

CamHostage

Would have loved this on Switch (Vita was my platform for Salt and Sanctuary), but I'm into what I'm seeing of the sequel.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game seems to be cool but honestly, I tried playing the first sone on the Switch and couldn't stand how ugly it looks. Too bad the sequel seems to look just the same.

GHG

They couldn't have picked a worse year to release this in. Elden Ring will still be fresh in everyone's minds.

GHG

May isn't that bad and some might want some more of this style after Elden Ring.

I expect most people interested in these types of games will still be occupied with elden ring until the end of the year. PvP, different build runs etc. Plus it's EGS exclusive so most people on PC at least will just wait a year.

jaysius

Banned
First was great, I'm excited.
There is a proper sequel coming out, I guess this is just a side project to try and fund that?

The first one was OK at the start, but got really broken near the end with the shitty weapon balance.

Making an indie game with little following that relies on a community to make it work... GREAT IDEA! It NEEDS to launch on PLUS or NOW.

Last edited:

Labadal

First game was very good.

It's a shame that the game is EGS exclusive. Does not rime well with previous dev comments.

PlayStation version it is, for me.

Labadal

There is a proper sequel coming out, I guess this is just a side project to try and fund that?

The first one was OK at the start, but got really broken near the end with the shitty weapon balance.

Making an indie game with little following that relies on a community to make it work... GREAT IDEA! It NEEDS to launch on PLUS or NOW.
This is the sequel.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Folks complaining about the look of the game. . .did you say the same thing about Hollow Knight? S&S have obviously kept the art style from all their previous games, and other than the UI (which really needs a change) I think it still works.

. . .this says nothing about how great the gameplay and discovery actually is.

TLDR: This is why we can't have nice things.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I expect most people interested in these types of games will still be occupied with elden ring until the end of the year. PvP, different build runs etc. Plus it's EGS exclusive so most people on PC at least will just wait a year.

thats why they are releasing it now, the money received from Epic will cover the low sales until next year most likely.

DavidGzz

Really wish the art style wasn’t so ugly. Its the one ting that keeps me from really getting into it. So many great looking 2D indie games and this still looks like something from new grounds

Yep, too bad I'm a sucker for these games still. Never finished the first one but this one is already bought.

ACESHIGH

Banned
man... salt and santuary was so close to being the best souls clone ever... but the game should have included a map. Hopefully they fix this in the sequel.

Ehh?
I can't stand 2D visuals that are pixelated on purpose.
Classic SNES,Neo-Geo and Genesis games look so much better.

Didn’t even mention anything about pixel graphics.

Silksong-Screenshots-_0014_6.png

Hype as fuck for this, loved the first one so very much :)
Kinda sucks it's not on Steam, played the fuck out of the first one on Vita. It's not the same on a tv.

edit: reason, steam deck ofc

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

A bit off-topic, but is Salt and Sanctuary a worth purchase? Does the game actually plays good, or is just a clunky attempt to make a 2D Dark Souls game?

Labadal

A bit off-topic, but is Salt and Sanctuary a worth purchase? Does the game actually plays good, or is just a clunky attempt to make a 2D Dark Souls game?
I double dipped on the first game, no regrets. It is my favorite 2D "soulslike" out there. The only think that can feel a bit clunky at firs is the jumping. Other than that, I had a blast with it.

jaysius

Banned
It was only OK at the time of release, it gets BROKEN levels of stupid easy near mid-end because of the bad balancing of weapons.

I doubt it's held up well, there are many other better games right now of the ilk.

I hope they done a TON of work on this new one.

Early Review:

Last edited:
Top Bottom