• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Heir Faces Arrest on Charges of Bribing South Korea’s President

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezuth

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/...rea-samsung-arrest-jay-lee-park-geun-hye.html

The sprawling investigation into President Park Geun-hye of South Korea took a dramatic turn on Monday with word that prosecutors were seeking the arrest of the de facto head of Samsung, one of the world’s largest conglomerates, on charges that he bribed the president and her secretive confidante. […]

Mr. Lee is accused of instructing Samsung subsidiaries to make payments totaling 43 billion won ($36 million) to the family of Ms. Park’s confidante, Choi Soon-sil, and to two foundations that Ms. Choi controlled, in exchange for help from Ms. Park in facilitating a father-to-son transfer of ownership control of Samsung.

Viewt

Yeah, I heard about this last night. Seems like Korea's uncovering a huge web of corruption after the impeachment. Good for them, shedding light on the truth for the whole country to see is the quickest path to real progress.

Slayven

Yeah, I heard about this last night. Seems like Korea's uncovering a huge web of corruption after the impeachment. Good for them, shedding light on the truth for the whole country to see is the quickest path to real progress.

Yeah i watch Korean news, and man that cult business stirred up a hornet's nest. I also learned in korea you can just opt out of showing to testify infront of the government

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
so this is exploding now, huh

H7vljHu.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I assume he just wanted a direct line to their waste disposal facilities for the Note 7. Let that man live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom