• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown Action RPG May Be In The Works

Moving on to the new Samurai Shodown title, Oda talks about tackling the series from a different angle. "Of course, [Samurai Shodown] is a fighting game, but I also think it's an IP that matches the genre of games that enjoy stories. A long time ago, there was an RPG called Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushido Retsuden, and I thought it would be possible to make an action RPG with that kind of feeling, so I've just started working on it."

He also explains that, unlike the AoF reboot, this project has progressed past the brainstorming phase. "Unlike Ryuko, this one is progressing with some solidity. This was before the coronavirus pandemic, but there was actually a time when we were making a prototype. At that time, it was like a battle action game where you controlled Kurama Yashamaru and flew around the field defeating enemies. But then the pandemic hit and the company's structure changed, so we're rethinking things from the beginning. That's why we chose the broad genre of action RPG. The prototype was really just the core parts, so we're still working on that."

Fuck yes. Yashamaru was an awesome character in SS - would love to see a game centered around him. SQUAWK! 🦜
That was the old design and prototype but if you read, they changed and went back to the drawing board. The old one was going to be like a battle action game and the new one is going to be more like an action RPG.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
462642fd6d935e0c3668ffaca3d93af4_w200.gif

Top Bottom