• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown for Nintendo Switch Finally Gets a Western Release Date

Mista

Banned
Samurai-Shodown-12.jpg

Today SNK announced a release date for the western markets of the Nintendo Switch version of its popular fighting game Samurai Shodown.

The game will launch in North America and Europe on Nintendo’s console on February 25.

Pre-orders will net you a 10% discount on the $49.99 price and a digital copy of Samurai Shodown! 2 for Neo Geo Pocket.

Those who pre-order a physical copy will also get a controller skin which you can see in the gallery below alongside a bunch of screenshots and artwork.

Samurai Shodown Lead Producer Yasuyuki Oda accompanied the press release with a comment:
Samurai Shodown’s upcoming release on the Nintendo Switch™ will mark the first time the series will be available on a Nintendo console in over 10 years.

Fighting game fans will soon be able to pass a Joy-Con to an unsuspecting rival and unleash their fury anywhere around the world.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Neogeo pocket?

Huh?

So first ngp game on switch?

Last edited:

Pejo

They should have focused on releasing a PC version, then do the Switch and Stadia version later imho.
Yea, this is a boneheaded move for sure. Has a PC port even been announced yet? I can't believe KoF XIV is still 60 dollars on Steam, since we're talking about bad decisions.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Where the fuck is the PC port?
For real! I was so hyped on the new Sam Sho, I know the reactions have been divided, but I'm still interested. I just really don't know what they're waiting for.

Last I read the PC version was rumored for January/February. But with its sales, and lack of news updates, I'm wondering if it's gonna get canned. I hope not. :(

GHG

Gold Member
For real! I was so hyped on the new Sam Sho, I know the reactions have been divided, but I'm still interested. I just really don't know what they're waiting for.

Last I read the PC version was rumored for January/February. But with its sales, and lack of news updates, I'm wondering if it's gonna get canned. I hope not. :(

Yeh I really hope it doesn't get cancelled. If it does then I'll just get it on PS4 but I'd rather get it on PC for permanence in my library.

Top Bottom