• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Santa Monica Studio is currently "spread out on a lot of different things"

Hot5pur

Good they are working on something new. For a lot of people GOWR was more of an expansion than a true sequel, so let's see what they can come up with.

How many years has it been since Sony Santa Monica has made a new IP? Really hope it's a sci fi game. Naughty Dog rumored to be doing a sci fi game too. And Sony Bend (is the Men in Black rumor true?). Then Guerilla can make Horizon 3, also sci fi. Stellar Blade, that korean game Sony is publishing is sci fi. Can never have too much sci fi, love it.

They've only made 7 games in their entire existence - the 6 God of War mainline games and Kinetica (which got a PS4 remaster apparently)

CamHostage

They've only made 7 games in their entire existence - the 6 God of War mainline games and Kinetica (which got a PS4 remaster apparently)

Wait, what? Kinetica PS4 remaster, what?!

Oh, kind of, not really. It's the PS2 game code and through the emulation layer they upresed it and have it display high-res progressive-native still at 60FPS (and Trophies, which is cool.) It's not widescreen and it's not been given any texture replacement, but it does look sharp. I knew that they brought it back when some PS2 games were showing up on PS4, but I guess I never looked into how any of these actually PS Classic games or the core emulator performed on the actual releases, I only have experience with the old PS1 emulator on PSP and PS3 and that wasn't all that exciting compared to the bootlegggers' work on emu; this isn't breakthrough work either (and it's not recompiled to actually be a PS4 game with PS4 advantages) but I think it's worth $10 to see the roots of Sony Santa Monica.

Top Bottom