• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Michelle Gellar stars in the next video game to movie...movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Pictures is making "Alice," an adaptation of video game "American McGee's Alice," with Sarah Michelle Gellar attached to star for "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" director Marcus Nispel says The Hollywood Reporter.

"Alice" is based on the Electronic Arts game created by American McGee, a lead designer of the "Quake" and "Doom" series of games. EA's game is based on Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" novels, which are in the public domain. Erich and Jon Hoeber will adapt the screenplay.

In the game, Alice has grown up to become a disturbed young woman. After her parents are killed in a fire, Alice returns to Wonderland, a dark and threatening place of looking glasses, mysterious potions, nonsensical tea parties and talking animals, confronting her fears and the wicked Queen of Hearts.

Gellar, who appeared in "The Grudge" and is best known for her work as TV's "Buffy," will next shoot Richard Kelly's "Southland Tales."

Could be interesting...

Actually, she ain't that great an actress. Average at best. Between her and Freddie, there is plenty of "paying their dues" going around. I believe he's showing up in a sitcom this fall.

"Alice" is based on the Electronic Arts game created by American McGee, a lead designer of the "Quake" and "Doom" series of games. EA's game is based on Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" novels, which are in the public domain. Erich and Jon Hoeber will adapt the screenplay.

Oh my God. You have no idea how happy this makes me. Now I can finally write my story without worrying about being sued for using the word "Jabberwok." Fuck yes!

Ark-AMN

Banned
And SMG is a good actress

Peter Griffen: "Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah...............whoah........................whoah......................................whoah.

Gimme Kate as Alice again

kate9hj.jpg

Paradox

yeah The Grudge did really good, even if it was a bad movie... Anyways this role would be probly be better for someone younger.

SMG is decent Actress, if you dont believe me watch the episode called "body" in Buffy.

If you are just gonna laugh cause i mentioned buffy then well you are ignorant.

Jim Bowie

American McGee's Alice is a travesty to video games. I can't even stand it.

I don't think SMG should star in anything else except Buffy spin-offs starting....

now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom