• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SA's "TOP 10 MOST POPULAR VIDEO GAMES FROM THE YEAR 2013"

Grifter

http://www.somethingawful.com/

10) "The Sims: Ultimate Party Backyard Vacation Adventure Construction Kit Expansion 58: BBQ Grill Fiesta"
9) "Escape From the Planet of the Washed Out, Blurry Textures"
8) "Nintendo's Classic Retro Arcade DX DS EX NAACP: We'll Keep Rerunning the Same Games For Every Platform As Long As You Faggots Keep Buying Them"
7) "Everquest VII: Pay Sony $30 a Month So You Can Spend 10 Hours a Day Working Online"
6) "Incomprehensible Bizarre Japanese Puzzle 3"
5) "Vin Diesel's 'Soylent Green'"
4) "Pokemon Retirement Center Arena"
3) "Aliens versus Predator versus Game-Stopping Polygon Clipping Problems"
2) "Lara Croft Versus the Hot Flashes"
1) "Duke Nukem: Forever"

AeroGod

8) "Nintendo's Classic Retro Arcade DX DS EX NAACP: We'll Keep Rerunning the Same Games For Every Platform As Long As You Faggots Keep Buying Them"

ROFLMAO brilliant

pilonv1

Never a truer word was spoken.

calder

#8 and #7 were both funny/truish, but other than that I'm disappointed. I would have thought SA would have a list much funnier than that - that was barely GAF 'mildly funny thread' level funny.

Brofist

"8) "Nintendo's Classic Retro Arcade DX DS EX NAACP: We'll Keep Rerunning the Same Games For Every Platform As Long As You Faggots Keep Buying Them""

They forgot to add, with each version somehow being inferior to the 20 year old original

I fucking WISH it were true that Nintendo releases its classic arcade games on a modern system. Sadly, they're one of the only companies that hasn't.

Kobun Heat said:
I fucking WISH it were true that Nintendo releases its classic arcade games on a modern system. Sadly, they're one of the only companies that hasn't.

"The damage control is strong with this one."

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Kobun Heat said:

lol. It's like....you can't resist. I hope their paying you, Kobun.

cvxfreak

"8) "Nintendo's Classic Retro Arcade DX DS EX NAACP: We'll Keep Rerunning the Same Games For Every Platform As Long As You Faggots Keep Buying Them"

That was simply the stupidest thing I've read today.

*shrug*

I love classic arcade game releases. It's probably due to more nostalgia than anything else, but I remember when these things were the hottest shit ever and I dreamed of having a home system that played them exactly as they were. Sadly that never happened back in the day, as most home ports were scaled back.

So to me, Midway Arcade Treasures is the best thing they've done in a long time. Arcade perfect Marble Madness was worth the thirty bucks by itself. MMAC? Rocks me. I'm just disappointed that more companies aren't doing this. Rest assured that I'll be running out to buy TMNT2 just for the arcade games that are included.

So yeah, if Nintendo put out a collection of original arcade games, I'd be first in line. There's never been a version of Donkey Kong that captures all the charm (or even all the levels) of the original. And what about Punch-Out? Or the weird arcade version of SMB? I'd pay up for those, and I bet a lot of other people would.

Ristamar

...the problem is that these jokes have been around for fucking years.

Exactly.

In regard to #8, this point would be true of any company that's been in the console race with a successful franchise for a lengthy amount of time. Sony has had 2 major commercial home platforms, MS is on their first, while Nintendo is on their 4th, and that's ignoring the entire GB line. It could've been applied to Sega, if they weren't dead in the hardware business, though I suppose they're still "milking" Sonic even today.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Ristamar said:
Exactly.

In regard to #8, this point would be true of any company that's been in the console race with a successful franchise for a lengthy amount of time. Sony has had 2 major commercial home platforms, MS is on their first, while Nintendo is on their 4th, and that's ignoring the entire GB line. It could've been applied to Sega, if they weren't dead in the hardware business, though I suppose they're still "milking" Sonic even today.
Seriously.

I don't know about you guys, but if I was running a company and the opportunity to earn a significant influx of profits with very little effort presented itself, I'd sure bite. It's just good business (not to mention the nostalgia factor can help boost sales of Nintendo's newer games, too). If it pisses you off, don't buy.

Top Bottom