• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabia Games Regulator: Just Use US PSN Like I Do

Amiga

Gamers have vented their anger on Twitter about the Saudi PlayStation store and its Plus services in the Kingdom for failing to meet consumers’ needs and not supplying advertised games.

People are supporting the Saudi store simply in the hope that it will lead to more Arabic content with Arabic subtitles and dubbed games. But, according to avid gamer Rania Khalid, nobody will spend their time or money on a store when games are unavailable, removed for violating Islamic values or removed for no obvious reason.

The commission’s video games general supervisor, Hattan Tawili, said that his organization was not responsible for issues with the Saudi PlayStation store.
Not all games are prohibited by the Kingdom’s General Commission for Audiovisual Media (GCAM). Many have received the green light from the GCAM, yet they are still not up for sale on the Saudi PlayStation store.
“Let me clarify this once and for all. The store has been going from bad to worse for approximately a year now, and as much as I had advocated for people to use it, I’ve started using a separate US account once I realized those responsible for the store here don’t understand anything about gaming.”

Amiga

Had another PSN since day1. but like the story mentioned, not everyone has the luxury of fluently understanding the English language. Arabic text and dubs is why most use the local store. before I learned English, as a kids we used to experiment clicking every option until we learned the menus. but consoles and games were simpler then. I only manage to communicate here with the help of spellchecking. even with that I still miss plenty as I'm sure you are noticing(so I'm not retarded it's just not my native language:messenger_grinning_sweat:).

Top Bottom