• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabia has bought a 5% stake in Nintendo (VGC)

daffyduck

One more good reason not to care about actual Nintendo anymore.... At one point, I would rather see MS buy Nintendo.
Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Arab money has created a completely unfair advantage at several European clubs. They overpay by hundreds of millions and create All Star teams for their fanbase.

Hope they do the same with Nintendo. I want a true next gen console from Nintendo.

Skelterz

I'm pretty sure that was one of Bin Salmans brothers who is now dead from a chopper crash or under house arrest in Saudi.
There was a huge power vacuum when the dad, the leader of it all died.
The biggest mass shooting ever in the US! The Las Vegas shooting targeting Trump supporters was also something to do with this power struggle. The hotel the gunmen fired from is owned by Salmans brother.

I mean to be honest I didn’t know any of that but in reality the regime itself and the people that exist within it are responsible its like what’s happening in Ukraine Putin is spearheading but it’s still takes complicity to enact.

Arab money has created a completely unfair advantage at several European clubs. They overpay by hundreds of millions and create All Star teams for their fanbase.

Hope they do the same with Nintendo. I want a true next gen console from Nintendo.
super-mario-epl%2B%252811%2529.jpg

Maybe the Saudi's will buy Nintendo the Fifa license since EA stopped using it.

It would be a crude joke if their gaming investment arm was called Slick Gaming. Nintendo press release says, oil always be there for you.

John Wick

Should be a rule that anybody who arranges people to be chopped to pieces in Turkish embassies can’t invest in major companies just saying worth thinking about.
As much as this was a really stupid and despicable act who do you think killed Dr Kelly in the UK? Or Geoffrey Epstein in the US? Even though they were labelled as suicides.

Amiga

Crying Kotaku/Era is my favorite part.

It was fair when Alex Ferguson was stripping his competitors for 20 years with zero financial competition. Red nose retired after he lost his advantage. Or even more fair at the Bundesliga where Bayern still have a decades old monopoly.

If anything Arab money has disrupted monopolies and is under more scrutiny.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.

Quite a leap here, uh?

Even if they bought them outright, I don't think it would change Nintendo from being a business. My meters are off right now, so if you were being sarcastic I apologize.

20cent

Banned
Since the West leftists and feminists celebrate and defend the right to wear hijab and burkini, that's a good path for Nintendo to embrace progressivism.

Vaelka

I am confused by this, because I see nothing but apologetics from the types of people on the left image towards Islam fundamentalists.
This meme would apply more to Christinaity than Islam because '' Christianity = the West, and the West bad ''.

They haven't censored KOF 15 at all.

Yet, I am more worried about the future tbh.
Stuff doesn't happen in a day it takes time.

I worry it's going to be created as '' Saudi safe '' with future content especially, their games in Saudi Arabia and China in particular are censored to hell.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Should be a rule that anybody who arranges people to be chopped to pieces in Turkish embassies can’t invest in major companies just saying worth thinking about.
You're thinking about a world where actions have consequences for the rich and powerful too. That's only true if the public mobilises to hold them to account. And that rarely happens if ever when it's to bring justice to a single Muslim journalist. If it had been Tom Brokaw who'd been disappeared, it might have had a bigger impact.

belmarduk

You're thinking about a world where actions have consequences for the rich and powerful too. That's only true if the public mobilises to hold them to account. And that rarely happens if ever when it's to bring justice to a single Muslim journalist. If it had been Tom Brokaw who'd been disappeared, it might have had a bigger impact.

It probably wouldn't have because of the reasons you just stated. There are no consequences for Mohammed Bone Sawman.

Woopah

Good. Now Nintendo can afford to sell the Console at a loss like everyone else and compete hardware wise :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Imagine a 4k Nintendo console and SSD without the shitty specs and gimmicks. I'd buy that day 1
These days Nintendo's lack of power has less to do with lack of funds, and more to do with making it work in a portable format.

If American and the UK didn't push their economies to the cliffs of Brokeback Mountain we could be competing with the Middle East and China. I'm actually envious of their commercial progress. I'm happy for them. Wish we could see the same determination here stateside.

Saudia Arabia is a shit oppressive place but the west makes me laugh. The yanks sanction countries for their benefit and ruin countries and that’s ok. Israel is actively out there stealing land and committing genocide but I don’t see these hero’s calling for boycotts of those countries products

Top Bottom