• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabia increases stake in Electronic Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund has increased its stake in Electronic Arts.

According to Seeking Alpha, a new filing published yesterday for the three months ended March 31, 2023 shows the fund purchased more shares in the FIFA publisher during Q4 2022.

Prior to Q4, the PIF held 16.01 million shares in EA, but as of the end of Q1 2023, it holds 24.81 million – an increase of 55%.

Given EA's reported outstanding shares of over 274 million, that would put the PIF's ownership stake in the company at about 9%.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Saudi Arabia recently lowered stakes again after a swarm of social justice outrage on Twitter. One participant in the public shaming who wished to remain anonymous confirmed "Our news sources are all NEETs, so we didn't get a transcript of the announcement and instead had to listen to a recording of a grainy audio clip. A lot of my Sisters and allies heard 'hijab' and thought the nation was referring to game development as a he-job. We aren't super smart,"

mansoor1980

Gold Member
EA sports

H6T1.gif

its in the game

To be fair unless they announced the change to remove them, I think it would take a good few months before anyone would notice.
I'm sure some of the FA Cup winners might. No doubt all the Sims games will need to be patched and no more same sex marriage or relationships

STARSBarry

Gold Member
why you beg me to tell you?
us ? you are just one ignorant person
You have internet and a phone, search for yourself and don't be lazy

Look man, people are free to rip on Saudi Arabia for sucking ass for women and murdering journalists in the same way we can rip on America for drone striking weddings and "someone please think of the gun lobbyist's, thoughts and prayers" every couple of months.

It's part of its charm.

As such I'm looking forward to all the new female teams wearing full Burka's for the new "Saudi Arabia cup challange" mode, where if anyone successfully steals the ball they get their hand cut off.

Last edited:

SHIV4

Look man, people are free to rip on Saudi Arabia for sucking ass for women and murdering journalists in the same way we can rip on America for drone striking weddings and "someone please think of the gun lobbyist's, thoughts and prayers" every couple of months.

It's part of its charm.

As such I'm looking forward to all the new female teams wearing full Burka's for the new "Saudi Arabia cup challange" mode, where if anyone steals the ball they get their hand cut off.
Ignorance in its strongest form
You are just another ignorant person who was raised by fake news channels
Search for yourself, ignorant kid, about the women's teams in Saudi Arabia, and whether everyone wears a hijap or not
And don't invent info you don't know if true or not
Do you know when that the last person had his hand cut off for theft ?no you don't
Because you repeat what others say, because you have no personality, you don't use your brain, and you don't search

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
why you beg me to tell you?
us ? you are just one ignorant person
You have internet and a phone, search for yourself and don't be lazy

I'm not begging you to tell me, I'm just curious about people with cognitive dissonance!

kurisu_1974

The irony. Until 2013 women weren't even allowed to WATCH sports. Of all hellholes to shill for.

Search for yourself, ignorant kid, about the women's teams in Saudi Arabia, and whether everyone wears a hijap or not

Your not spelling it correctly, but I'm sure they do.

Olympics in 2016:

OIP.n-fjPoyd1Hcbt20QTBrMzwHaEK

Women's football:

In 2008, due to the influence of conservative religious leaders in the country, the creation of a FIFA recognised women's national team was banned by law.

The "Green Falcons" played their first match in 2022 and they all wear hijab.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah they need to catch up with games where boys and girls with mental issues get their boobs and dicks cut off.

That's in their new "They/them stuff pack" a large selection of new genitalia to choose from and the ability to select from all 263 genders.

Last edited:

Nydius

As such I'm looking forward to all the new female teams wearing full Burka's for the new "Saudi Arabia cup challange" mode, where if anyone successfully steals the ball they get their hand cut off.
Not saying it was your intent, but this reminded me of the hyperbole PGA fans spew about LIV Golf because it’s funded by Saudis.

SHIV4

The irony. Until 2013 women weren't even allowed to WATCH sports. Of all hellholes to shill for.
irony or not
we talking about today
But it is clear that you have been triggered to the point of trying to go back in time to prove a point
You are really pathetic and arguing with you is useless

hemo memo

Gold Member

It's part of its charm.

As such I'm looking forward to all the new female teams wearing full Burka's for the new "Saudi Arabia cup challange" mode, where if anyone steals the ball they get their hand cut off.
Everyone can have their own opinion and i’m free to say that the people who say that about Saudi Arabia are stupid because it is nothing more than western media propaganda. Thousands of Americans work/live in Saudi Arabia, I don’t see them complaining.

Western media want them to have millions of pronouns and someone that can identify as a freezer. Yeah no.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Not saying it was your intent, but this reminded me of the hyperbole PGA fans spew about LIV Golf because it’s funded by Saudis.

I mean its 100% hyperbole, theres no way what I said will literally happen.

That's kind of how hyperbole works as a literary device.

Last edited:

SHIV4

Your not spelling it correctly, but I'm sure they do.

Olympics in 2016:

OIP.n-fjPoyd1Hcbt20QTBrMzwHaEK

Women's football:

The "Green Falcons" played their first match in 2022 and they all wear hijab.
You continue with your ignorance
Do you have a problem with women choosing to wear the hijab?
Look for the Saudi Women's League. Most of the players are seen without a headscarf and their hair is visible

This is a picture to show the extent of your ignorance

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

You continue with your ignorance
Do you have a problem with women choosing to wear the hijab?
Look for the Saudi Women's League. Most of the players are seen without a headscarf and their hair is visible

This is a picture to show the extent of your ignorance

"Choosing"

Pretty sure that last picture is in an empty stadion with no men near

You are ridiculous.

Tsaki

It seems they are trying to invest in industries other than oil so they are not as dependant on it. Investing in the biggest entertainment industry makes sense.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ignorance in its strongest form
You are just another ignorant person who was raised by fake news channels
Because you repeat what others say, because you have no personality, you don't use your brain, and you don't search

Im willing to be educated.......was Khashoggi NOT assassinated?
I stopped following the story some time ago, but last I read it was a state lead but obviously rogue actors who had him done in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom