• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save Room Turns Resident Evil 4 Inventory Management Into a Full Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Save Room takes the classic Resident Evil inventory management and creates a whole new Tetris experience for fans of both franchises to enjoy. The game utilizes the usual inventory management features found in Resident Evil games, such as reloading weapons to open space for other items or combining items so they only take up one or two blocks. Just like with any Tetris-like game, the goal is to place the shapes in a way that neatly takes up space, like putting together puzzle pieces.

The difference with Save Room is that it will feature limited inventory space, or grid space, for each item to fit into. This is challenging due to the different sizes and unique shapes of some Resident Evil weapons and items. Also, the grid shapes and sizes also change, making it extra difficult to place bigger items into small grids and still have room for several other items and so on. Players will have to place every assigned item in the grid to finish the puzzle and progress through all 40 handmade levels. Though Save Room has been out on PC for quite some time now, it is expected to debut on the Nintendo Switch on November 11.

Save Room is currently available for PC and will debut on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PS5 on November 11.

ZoukGalaxy

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

I already hate this "game", micro-management is really a pure chore & hell (hello Fallout 76), the devs are satanic, I tell you.

Cat Fuck This GIF by sneakyshapes
bad cat lol GIF

Craig Of The Creek Cat GIF by Cartoon Network
bad cat idgaf GIF

Last edited:
I thought this was a great idea since I first heard about it, but I don't know about the idea that there are 40 puzzles to go through. That means that there are essentially 40 answers and to me, inventory management is about the organic nature of having a ton of random shit you picked up and having to make it fit. Having those few items that you really wanna keep, and making those mental decisions on what to keep and what to drop because you think it will sell the most.

I'm gonna keep an eye on it because I love the concept, but I wish they figured out a way to make a more tangible game/setting attached to it. This concept combined with a game like Recettear would be sick.

Pejo

I thought this was a great idea since I first heard about it, but I don't know about the idea that there are 40 puzzles to go through. That means that there are essentially 40 answers and to me, inventory management is about the organic nature of having a ton of random shit you picked up and having to make it fit. Having those few items that you really wanna keep, and making those mental decisions on what to keep and what to drop because you think it will sell the most.

I'm gonna keep an eye on it because I love the concept, but I wish they figured out a way to make a more tangible game/setting attached to it. This concept combined with a game like Recettear would be sick.
You and I are kinda on the same page here. After I heard the concept, I thought of a really cool game that involves sending your survivor out into an expanding set of routes in a mansion, each with a % chance of success based on how many supplies you can fit in the suitcase. All menu driven other than the fitting into the suitcase.

So like you could see a path that takes the 2F hallway into the attic, and there's a high % chance that Lickers are there, so you want a shotgun and some health items, and there's a statue puzzle at the end that you need a key that you found earlier to solve. So you have to fit all that stuff in the suitcase in puzzle fashion, then depending on how much you fit in, either the guy survives and returns with more supplies or dies and you lose progress or something.

If he succeeds, he returns with more puzzle pieces, a new gun, etc, and you have to fit all of that in for the next trip out. So on and so forth.

Damn I really want to play THAT game.

Spaceman292

Banned
I sort of hoped in the RE4 remake, you'd actually be able to see Leon carrying around a bug dumb suitcase full of guns.

Top Bottom