• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saviour of Xbox - Phill Spencer getting Lifetime achievement award at DICE this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy who brought us best service in gaming game pass and single handedly saved Xbox brand from dying is about awarded Lifetime achievement award at DICE presented by last year winner legendary Godd Howard.

Phill Spencer earned lot love and respect from Xbox fans and media but also gained extreme hatred at same time from fans on other side, so i guess he doing something right? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

dotnotbot

Iw5SIsT.png

Wuys71f.png

maxresdefault.jpg

EwOBTZhWYAAclKs.jpg

UZy63tw.jpeg

Last edited:

dotnotbot

From 5 studios to 34.

From being a MS side project to getting a seat on the board. There is nobody in gaming that has done more in the last 10 years.

Your panties being twisted will never change that.
"From 5 to 34 studios". You're acting like he created them, like those studios didn't exist prior to acquisition. They did and were releasing succesful multiplatform games on a regular basis, the only thing he did to them so far is buying them. I don't see any benefit to gaming from that.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
"From 5 to 34 studios". You're acting like he created them, like those studios didn't exist prior to acquisition. They did and were releasing succesful multiplatform games on a regular basis, the only thing he did to them so far is buying them. I don't see any benefit to gaming from that.
I'm pretty sure there are a few studios that exist now that didn't before he took over, you better go back and check your facts.

It would be embarrassing to just throw around accusations like a fanboy.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

I'm pretty sure there are a few studios that exist now that didn't before he took over, you better go back and check your facts.

It would be embarrassing to just throw around accusations like a fanboy.

How many of those 34? I counted 2.

You see, rival executives also create some studios but you wouldn't say they did something amazing to gaming.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
You're not gonna answer cause the answer is inconvenient to you. Very primitive spin.

No it helps to weed out who's here for a conversation and who's here for a war.

I've been here long enough to see a soldier.

I like to talk to people who are actually educated about gaming.

Sadly you seem to not be interested in the same warrior.

dotnotbot

No it helps to weed out who's here for a conversation and who's here for a war.

I've been here long enough to see a soldier.

I like to talk to people who are actually educated about gaming.

Sadly you seem to not be interested in the same warrior.

Again, more primitive insults. You seem to be personally offended for some reason, I wonder why.

You see, rival executives also create some studios but you wouldn't say they did something amazing to gaming.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Again, more primitive insults. seem to be personally offended for some reason, I wonder why.

Yeah no, I have better things to do. You can't dispute anything and act like you are being victimized. I have no time for that shit Nancy.

This is the last time I see anything you say. Thankfully it looks like I won't be missing much.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well, he obviously can talk to higher-ups and make them spend MS money on his division.

He's not someone I respect, cheer or even like, but you can't deny his management talent. At least he knows how to get some money for XBOX.

Ozriel

M$FT

The guys drives strategy for Xbox, so he’s fully responsible for their long term plans…and the fact they’re still all in in gaming. Gamepass was his idea, and he’s also behind a big push for accessibility in gaming.

But I understand why you dislike him.

Saviour of what?

Give anyone Microsoft's war chest and they would probably achieve the same.

People talking as though he is the Lisa Su of Microsoft/Xbox.

“Google is a penniless company”

- Alphagear, 2022.

How’s Stadia doing?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

I’m pretty sure you know that Spencer was talking about Xbox console exclusives, and he’s lived up to that by putting their games on PC and xCloud.

You’ll see in your other screenshot that he says ‘xbox customers’ and not ‘xbox console owners’. So yeah, xbox customers on PC, browser etc are not excluded at all. Just like he promised.

Nice try, though.

Concern

Phil Spender got a lifetime achievement award for spending Microsoft's money? Is he the contestant to Ben Stein and his show?

You're not gonna answer cause the answer is inconvenient to you. Very primitive spin. Oh and then you proceed to attack me for no reason, like I hurt you.

Saviour of what?

Give anyone Microsoft's war chest and they would probably achieve the same.

People talking as though he is the Lisa Su of Microsoft/Xbox.

Again, more primitive insults. You seem to be personally offended for some reason, I wonder why.

Imagine winning an award for spending money from the wealthiest company in the world.

Out of 32 posts, 10 are crying shitposts lol. I think we hit a record.

200.gif

ZywyPL

Banned
From intern to the CEO of the whole division, well deserved. Wonder how the market would look like if Mattrick naver happened and Spencer was in charge all along?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom