• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sayonara Wild Hearts review thread

Bullet Club

GVf0gIv.jpg

xyaorCQ.png

upkQp3J.png

IGN: 7.9/10
Sayonara Wild Hearts plays more like an extended interactive music video than it does a traditional video game, but it’s still a wonderful time. It offers little in terms of challenge (if you aren’t hunting high scores) or substantial player input, but the stirring soundtrack and impressive art and animation all lead to a moving experience that culminates in a joyful finale.

TheSixthAxis: 10/10
Truly incredible, Sayonara Wild Hearts is a pop-culture gem that celebrates music and games in a passionately individual way. There has never been anything else quite like it, and if you have even a passing interest in gaming’s inherent value you need to play it. And then play it again.

NIntendo Life: 9/10
Sayonara Wild Hearts is the video game equivalent of Prince: it’s extremely short and its journey maybe ends a little sooner than you’d hoped, but it packs so many varied and beautiful ideas into its brief life and masters so many different styles that even though there’s a real disappointment it’s over so quickly, what it did give you will remain with you for an extremely long time. A true creative masterpiece.

USGamer: 4/5
Sayonara Wild Hearts is a quick but intense ride through a landscape that's been made dangerous and jagged by broken hearts and pop music. Its unusual style makes the road hard to see from time to time, but people who love Simogo's games will love riding with The Fool.

Game Informer: 7/10
I quite enjoyed looking at Sayonara Wild Hearts, even though interacting with it left me cold.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

The OST is up on streaming services. Seems pretty good if you're into pop music.

After watching reviews, I'm basically looking at this as more of an interactive music album and less a challenging video game. I'd get the game primarily for the music.

I'll be trying it out over the weekend though, so I'll post impressions. I haven't tried it yet.

Top Bottom