• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalpers Are Selling Street Fighter 6 Closed Beta Test Codes For $900+

Don Carlo

From Street Fighter 6 Trial Codes are in heavy demand after only a very few people managed to receive them from Capcom.

Source
Capcom emailed out Street Fighter 6 Trial Codes yesterday. Only a very few people managed to receive these trial codes for the Street Fighter 6 Beta.

Due to the rarity of these trial codes and the game’s popularity, these are being sold on eBay for a massive price. Players are bidding hundreds of dollars for the Street Fighter 6 trial codes to access the game.

Recently, a user posted in the FGC Saltposting group on Facebook that brought attention to these trial codes being sold for a huge price on eBay.

Major Takeaways:

• Street Fighter 6 trial codes are being sold on eBay for a huge price.
  • The closed beta will last from October 7th to October 10th.
  • Capcom might host an open beta before the game’s release next year.
  • The game is set to release in 2023.

Street Fighter 6 Trial Codes are in high demand on eBay.

The Street Fighter 6 closed beta was announced on September 6th, when Street Fighter’s official Twitter account also confirmed the return of classic fighters. The closed beta will be available from October 7th to October 10th and will feature cross-play.

The closed beta selection took place on October 6th, and only a few players worldwide managed to receive these trial codes from Capcom, which was against expectations.

Capcom will likely conduct an open beta test in the future before the official release of Street Fighter 6. That will allow many players that missed their chance on the closed beta to try out the game before release.

Street Fighter 6 is a highly-anticipated title at the moment. The game will feature a rollback netcode and an open-world fighting experience. The fighting game will let you build customized characters for the World Tour mode. You’ll also be able to learn techniques and special moves from Street Fighter characters spread throughout the world.

Street Fighter 6 will also feature several unique game modes, such as the Battle Hub, where you can interact and compete with up to 100 other players worldwide.

The Battle Hub will also host tournaments periodically. And will also allow you to play older classic Street Fighter games from the game center cabinets. The game’s unique features and modes are set to change fighting games for the better.

The game will be officially released in 2023 for Steam, PlayStation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S.

Last edited:

Filben

Are they though? Just because they are offering them doesn't mean people are buying them.
Yeah, maybe they're just scanning the market. Let's see how many people actually fall into the marketing disguised as a beta test trap and pay this amount of money.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Scalper bottom feeders will try to take advantage of others, every chance they get.

I can’t imagine anyone paying anything let alone that kind of money to get into a beta.

clarky

Gold Member
i call bullshit on this, not you the OP but the "story"
write a few listings get colleagues to bid vola instant clicks.

Nobody is paying £800 for streetfighter access. LMFAO

Fools idol

Banned
Hoarding is becoming a legit way of life, it seems...

This is what happens during a supply chain crisis in a period of high inflation. The haves have plenty of cash lying around from inflated assets and the poors have stimmy checks to burn through.

i call bullshit on this, not you the OP but the "story"
write a few listings get colleagues to bid vola instant clicks.

Nobody is paying £800 for streetfighter access. LMFAO
Wasn't there a story about someone buying quite a bit of Nintendo stock so he could ask a damn question?
Probably not thousands who would do it, but some people certainly pay a fuckton of money for early access.
also Star Citizen ships...
or tips for sfw and nsfw ladies...
some people are just rich and have no problem spending "peanuts"

anthony2690

Banned
Man, as much as I love what I've played of the beta, I could've covered 10+ game purchases with selling the code :eek:

Ah well!

clarky

Gold Member
Wasn't there a story about someone buying quite a bit of Nintendo stock so he could ask a damn question?
Probably not thousands who would do it, but some people certainly pay a fuckton of money for early access.
also Star Citizen ships...
or tips for sfw and nsfw ladies...
some people are just rich and have no problem spending "peanuts"
Believe absolutely zero about whats in the press these days. For example heres my brother in every national news paper just the other month. Complete bullshit of course.

ZqYKUwI.png

N0JJODM.png

Makki

Only fools buying are youtubers and twitchers, and they will get donations to pay for it anyway. I say props to the lucky code holder

PJX

Scalper bottom feeders will try to take advantage of others, every chance they get.

I can’t imagine anyone paying anything let alone that kind of money to get into a beta.
If you're dumb enough to fall for it then it's not the scalpers fault. I hate scalpers btw.

kiphalfton

Are they though? Just because they are offering them doesn't mean people are buying them.

No they're probably buying them, then doing a paypal chargeback.

That is the way scammers operate on ebay, when it comes to keys.

These sellers are setting themselves up to be ripped off.

Either way ebay is a shit hole, whether you're dealing with sellers or buyers.

Last edited:
Paying a lot for something permanent can be crazy enough, but for a stupid beta that’s not even going to last? Wow.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

There are a lot of people out there with money to burn. Whales, stream donators + subscribers, etc. This kind of thing, while ridiculous, wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure people will do outlandish things with a ton of money to spend and a wild case of FOMO.

brian0057

Banned
Idiots selling
They're making $900 per code. It's the people buying that are the idiots.
I'm not gonna lie, that's impressive.
Now, if the people don't buy it and then the sellers lose money, then they're the idiots.

Last edited:

nikos

Nobody's paying that much. They're either running auctions up to troll, or they're going to take the code/account and file a dispute with PayPal to get their money back. They'd be crazy to take the risk with that much money involved though.

I actually made an offer for $50 on an auction yesterday that was declined. Today, the seller messaged me asking if I still wanted the code. No doubt people are buying codes, but not for that much money.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
At first I thought the title said $90 and thought that was outrageously dumb.

Then I saw it was $900 and started audibly laughing. I'd say they have more money than sense, but if someone is dropping money like that for Street Fighter then that isn't very hard to do.

Falc67

Can’t believe people paying 900 to play a game for three days, when you can just enable console sharing with one of your friends who has the beta and download from there.. voila..

Top Bottom