• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalpers Are Selling Street Fighter 6 Closed Beta Test Codes For $900+

lyan

They are allowed to stream it right? Honestly $900 might be a good gamble for some streamer-wannabe to get some traffic.

Falc67

They are allowed to stream it right? Honestly $900 might be a good gamble for some streamer-wannabe to get some traffic.
See my previous post. If a streamer can’t find someone willing console share with them so they can download the Beta, they may as well quit streaming.

No they're probably buying them, then doing a paypal chargeback.

That is the way scammers operate on ebay, when it comes to keys.

These sellers are setting themselves up to be ripped off.

Either way ebay is a shit hole, whether you're dealing with sellers or buyers.
I sure do hope these scalpers are getting "scammed". If you can call it that by getting a free key for free from these scalpers with a little workaround.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

I can imagine the only people buying are the FGC people who go to tournaments,getting a head start on the game is vital to win. Plus the prize money will cover the cost.

1LHLNWs.gif

yurinka

I can imagine the only people buying are the FGC people who go to tournaments,getting a head start on the game is vital to win. Plus the prize money will cover the cost.
I don't think they are buying these codes, because Capcom already send them to the main ones and the ones who don't aren't rich. The prizes of FGC are shit, only winning a few top tournaments are worth it and I assume a good chunk of them goes to their team and not to the player.

I think only a handful random rich players would pay for these codes at an expensive price.

Last edited:
The beta has been fun but it isn't worth all that lol, I got in and almost deleted the damn code(Capcom had sent out a few advertising emails around the same time an i'd marked them all for deletion lol)

I like the weight/feel of the fighters and that netcode is pretty damn good. I even tried it out using the hot spot on my phone just to test it out...all went smooth

Arsic

My buddy bought one for $12. He said if he got screwed and it didn’t work it’s whatever.

Me on the other hand can wait. Next beta will have more characters I assume.

Even if there wasn’t any betas I’m there day 1. I’m not even watching people play it. Just straight into my veins on release and I’m good.

baphomet

Can’t believe people paying 900 to play a game for three days, when you can just enable console sharing with one of your friends who has the beta and download from there.. voila..

They're not.

No one was paying or even paid anywhere near that.

They were selling for about $100.

Nocturno999

This beta was a sham. The vast majority that got invited are shills, pro players (pretty much shills) and influencers (also shills).

Can't believe Capcom is getting away with this BS

This is from Reddit Kappa:

fSdxqkn.jpg

Last edited:

HoodWinked

People pay thousands to attend sports games or consume some expensive wine. Mostly due to it's exclusivity or rarity. I don't know why people are upset over this.

The beta is rare and there are people that have tons of money. Getting mad cause rich people are overpaying for a beta code is a absurdity.

Falc67

This beta was a sham. The vast majority that got invited are shills, pro players (pretty much shills) and influencers (also shills).

Can't believe Capcom is getting away with this BS

This is from Reddit Kappa:

fSdxqkn.jpg
It makes sense. Free marketing for capcom.

I got in, and don’t have any reach. Many non streamers/pros got in.

Just unlucky on your end

Edgelord79

Gold Member
People pay thousands to attend sports games or consume some expensive wine. Mostly due to it's exclusivity or rarity. I don't know why people are upset over this.

The beta is rare and there are people that have tons of money. Getting mad cause rich people are overpaying for a beta code is a absurdity.
Nobody is upset. Nobody is mad.

This is only a thing because a few retards bite into this, "Iahswanna pray firrrst" nonsense.

It’s pretty comom even here on GAF for people to get crazy over new games going as far as saying that the game is going to change the industry being 11/10 just after a teaser video...

Top Bottom