• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scariest Main Menus

GriffinCorp

As a kid the N64 Turok Dinosaur Hunter intro always was creepy to me. If you waited a few moments it started to play small clips of the game, all those atmospheric sounds would get to me.

The other is Resident Evil - those always had great main menu sounds.

Kuranghi

As a kid the N64 Turok Dinosaur Hunter intro always was creepy to me. If you waited a few moments it started to play small clips of the game, all those atmospheric sounds would get to me.

The other is Resident Evil - those always had great main menu sounds.

I think the reason iirc is that the demo doesn't have the music (or doesn't depending on how it starts or something) so its freaky with just the thudding enemy footsteps as they run out of the fog towards you :messenger_grimmacing_

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This in Silent Hill 3 give me nightmares.....
c6c125ae6ed9238ed2c092a49dd11ecb2e07e1ecr1-333-200_hq.gif

wtf-what-the-fuck-is-that.gif

Last edited:

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Symphony of the Night with its haunting music and the static grotesque statue background set the tone beautifully. I'd include a video or link but I don't know how to internet well. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

IC3M@N FX

Neo Member
Alien Isolation the Main Menu is rather very oppressive and brings the atmosphere of Alien across very well.
Especially the picture in the long shot shows how indescribably large the unknown is.
Like the 1979 intro to Alien.

Top Bottom