• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scheduled downtime

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Cheesy 🥹

It can be really weird where the ‘one hour‘ database transfer (that you’ve tested extensively) turns into the two day no sleep scenario because it all goes wrong on transfer. It can even happen if everything you did was perfect to a T, like a simple data read error.…Just straight up confusion and nerves.

This is why I hate it when I am on-call and the database team has to do any sort of major change at all. They always contact infrastructure (one of the teams I am on) I suppose praying it's something we can help with, even though nothing on our end has ever changed (obviously). So they end up wasting my time for hours and costing me sleep.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I didn't notice....
200w.gif

This is why I hate it when I am on-call and the database team has to do any sort of major change at all. They always contact infrastructure (one of the teams I am on) I suppose praying it's something we can help with, even though nothing on our end has ever changed (obviously). So they end up wasting my time for hours and costing me sleep.
What is this sleep thing you speak of? It sounds like some sort of currency. I am intrigued.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
No one even saw the message before we turned everything off
I can imagine a situation where an IT developer would say exactly this to a customer paying for a high-availability H24 business service. Simply add "anyway" at the end to make it perfect :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Perfectly and precisely stable 👌
snow dr GIF

Accept Anger Management GIF by Sherchle

Just longer than expected
Sad Cat GIF by catgrass

*edit"
Happened PRECISELY while writing this post 🤭...🤫 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
s6XJAJg.jpg

Last edited:
Who do I speak to about receiving compensation for the pain and suffering I endured while NeoGaf was down. I had to resort to going to godawful resetera.

Last edited:
spot the casuals :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GAF was offline?
I guess the site was down

and some of you need to be watched for wanting to visit that other site :messenger_winking:

Who do I speak to about receiving compensation for the pain and suffering I endured while NeoGaf was down. I had to resort to going to godawful resetera.
Almost had to checkout resetera.
That was rough lol

almost got Staph infections reading another forum *shivers*

iu

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Come on everybody :messenger_musical::

What are we coming to?
What are we gonna do?
Blame it on the Black Star
Blame it on the falling sky
Blame it on the satellite
That beams me home

ZoukGalaxy

Felines, cats in this case, are such an incredible lifeform 😻

New cats fact: More well-known, whiskers are not only an indicator of their state of mind or aesthetic but essentially help them sensing their environments all the time, especially at night or in low light.

Looking Around Black Cat GIF by pawsr

Last edited:
Top Bottom