• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Science invents a pill that makes you 10 years old forever, do you take it?

Do you live forever as your 10 year old self?

• Yes

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • No

Votes: 83 84.7%

• Total voters
I might be one of the few but I would take the pill. My childhood was by far the best time of my life. No worrying about paying bills or where the next meal was going to come from. I remember all I did after school was play outside with my friends (baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, hide and seek, tag, cards, marbles, flying kites and much more). I grew up in Cuba so only one neighbor had a video game console. And the Summer months were the best. The entire neighborhood would rent a bus and we would go to the beach every Wednesday's and Saturday's. Give me that pill Jordan!!!

I would in a heartbeat. Imagine the things you could see with the wonderment of a child? And if you keep your memories and knowledge shit could be great. Lots of ways to amass money through that. I already have a bunch of bank accounts and investments now, and no one is going to question why they are still open for 70-80 years without me dying. After that, opening new accounts would be pretty easy to do by fraud if I needed to.

Heck, this only implies that your body stays 10, but at some point you can probably transfer your consciousness into a computer. I'd say use the opportunity to make lots of money and prepare for a good future.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It’s like someone watched “Interview with the Vampire” and thought Kirsten Dunst had a pretty sweet gig and missed the part about how miserable she was never being able to become a woman.

Sakura

This doesn't sound particularly well thought out.

Hypothetical, lets say science finally manages to make humans biologically immortal. The dream of living forever is possible, but only by going on a pill that physically reverts to you to your 10 year old self?

You would lose all your memories that are from the past adult life. So discovered Neogaf in your teens or twenties? Too late, you're now forced to discover it again in your 10 year old body.

But everything else remains the same. Your wealth, your job, your friends and family are still there.

Do you take the immortal pill and become a kid again?

If I lose my memories and revert to 10 year old me, how could I possibly still have my job?
Also great, my parents are 10 years old, my grandparents are 10 years old, my friends are all 10 years old, everybody's 10 fucking years old. I'm sure a society of 10 year olds will be just fine. Or is the idea that I, for some reason, am the only one who takes this 10 year old immortality pill?

Wow, didn't know a lot of you guys had rough childhoods. :messenger_confused:

If you're 10 years old forever, consider that you could:

-Learn a new language
-Go on a big adventure
-Become a famous movie actor
-Become a music prodigy
-Invent new stuff
-Write a book
-Build a giant fort
-Ace university/earn multiple diplomas

Losing your memory also means life is innocent again. You're not constantly thinking about taxes or politics, your mind is actually free to do whatever makes you happy while surrounded by a depressing environment.

If you are 10 years old, you are not just physically underdeveloped, but mentally as well. You aren't going to be cruising through university etc at 10 years old unless you were already a genius at 10.
And I thought we were keeping our jobs and wealth when we took the pill? Who is supposed to be paying for all this stuff? What if I was a burger flipper before I took the pill? Great now I'm a poor burger flipper but also 10 years old.

I don't get it lol.
Give me a pill that makes me 20 and immortal and I'm in.

GAMETA

Banned
Nah, 10 yo is too young. If it was 15 or 16 I would, but ideally 21, that's a good age to be stuck on forever.

Thaedolus

10 is like the worst age. Get boners but don’t know what to do with them, no money to do anything and nobody takes you seriously. N64 wasn’t even out yet but was getting teased...

Nah fam, let’s talk 25, at least then I could rent a car and was under 200 lbs

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Certainly take that pill being a 10 year is so good stocking up on pokemon cards, playing with friends etc. in case anyone forgot what being a 10 year old was

GeorgPrime

Banned
Hypothetical, lets say science finally manages to make humans biologically immortal. The dream of living forever is possible, but only by going on a pill that physically reverts to you to your 10 year old self?

You would lose all your memories that are from the past adult life. So discovered Neogaf in your teens or twenties? Too late, you're now forced to discover it again in your 10 year old body.

But everything else remains the same. Your wealth, your job, your friends and family are still there.

Do you take the immortal pill and become a kid again?

Give me a pill that makes me 25 years old and i take it.

10 year olds can still get erections. Just need to find someone who’s willing to risk fucking me as a 10 year old.

When does the male penis reach full size in male life? 16? 18?... 10?

JordanN

Banned
If you are 10 years old, you are not just physically underdeveloped, but mentally as well. You aren't going to be cruising through university etc at 10 years old unless you were already a genius at 10.
And I thought we were keeping our jobs and wealth when we took the pill? Who is supposed to be paying for all this stuff? What if I was a burger flipper before I took the pill? Great now I'm a poor burger flipper but also 10 years old.

I don't get it lol.
Give me a pill that makes me 20 and immortal and I'm in.
You would be surprised but I honestly don't think there is that much of a difference in intelligence when we were a kid vs being an adult.

As a kid, I was already trying to teach myself how to learn programming or even design video games. I would argue these things were not mentally difficult, but rather, going through school you had to focus on learning everything. So math, history, english, social sciences, were all competing for the same time you wanted to do your hobbies.

And about the job thing, well, lets just say you were never fired. That's still enough time to relearn everything, especially since you now have all of eternity to perfect any job you like.
And if you want to make more money, then it's no different to the question of who pays this stuff as an adult? If you really care about survival, you would still do everything you can to keep a roof on over your head. Maybe start looking into investing in companies, or even start your own in your garage?

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

You would be surprised but I honestly don't think there is that much of a difference in intelligence when we were a kid vs being an adult.
Why would you tell on yourself like this, OP? :messenger_winking:

Seriously though I thought it was widely accepted that brains are only fully developed around age 25. Or rather the daily net neuron growth becomes a decline at 25. Something like that.

This thread's premise sounds like a dream situation for "MAPs" on twitter, though ☹

JordanN

Banned
Why would you tell on yourself like this, OP? :messenger_winking:

Seriously though I thought it was widely accepted that brains are only fully developed around age 25. Or rather the daily net neuron growth becomes a decline at 25. Something like that.

This thread's premise sounds like a dream situation for "MAPs" on twitter, though ☹
I interact with people everyday. Some of them quite literally 3 times my age.
Yet despite this, they can't use a telephone or browse the internet correctly.

I don't deny the brain continues to develop, but it's not an excuse to explain why do we still have idiots or some people who completely lack common sense well into their prime?
It's honestly why I find some of these comments strange. What were you doing back then that your life was completely incomprehensible before 25?

Especially if you never kept any notes or writings?

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

I interact with people everyday. Some of them quite literally 3 times my age.
Yet despite this, they can't use a telephone or browse the internet correctly.

I don't deny the brain continues to develop, but it's not an excuse to explain why do we still have idiots or some people who completely lack common sense well into their prime.
It's honestly why I find some of these comments strange. What were you doing back then that your life was completely incomprehensible before 25?
It is easier to pick up new skills while growing, AFAIK, though the learning curves will vary. Older folks generally have a hard time with new tech given how much things have changed from their base experience. I hope it never happens to me.

I don't remember excusing morons with that point, however? Different people are going to have different start and end points.
There are absolutely concepts I couldn't grasp at 12 but I could at 25. I didn't necessarily need until 25, but the progression was there. Sometimes things 'click' with age and development.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Might as well ask a pill to live forever but you have to cut your balls off. Gotta at least hit puberty in this deal even 20s seem too young. 30s seem like the sweet spot. No deal. *Presses button to open a hole in the floor*

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is a perfect example of a poster refusing to listen to reason and change their outlook on something.
It's always their way, and the other posters are always wrong.

Elcid

Banned
An eternity of dodging pedos?

No thanks
Definitely stay away from Japan, the Philippines, ResetEra, Hollywood, politicians in every major country, the Catholic church, any UN organizations or NGOs dedicated to helping children, etc. etc. Yeah I'd fuck no to that idea. Maybe if I got stuck as 20 year old me.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Make it 17, and only for me, and [sex without risks with an available partners visual overlay] and I'm in.

Falcs

Banned
This is the worst hypothetical choice, OP.
Not old enough to drive, drink, watch mature movies, have sex, you can't vote, you can't travel without some "parental guardian". Hell you can't even sign up to NeoGAF.

How is it at all a good option?

Tranquil

I want sex, so that would be a no. If it was 18 then yes. Why limit it to ten years old. Dumb.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
I want sex, so that would be a no. If it was 18 then yes. Why limit it to ten years old. Dumb.
There wouldn't be anything to discuss. Most people are already adults so there is no challenge living that way forever.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
How the fuck would a 10 year old who just lost his memories be able to keep his job, wealth, etc?
Your bank account and house still exists...
And I explained you never get fired. Living forever, you obviously have time to be retrained.

Last edited:
Your bank account and house still exists...
And I explained you never get fired. Living forever, you obviously have time to be retrained.
You didn't think this through did you? Let's assume I take the pill, but the bosses don't. They're going to look at me and be like "lol wtf, no we're not going to invest thousands of dollars to retrain you."

Why that age? Why not 30-ish when you are at the peak of physical, mental and SEXUAL powers. Also you would be able to reach the top shelf.

Top Bottom