• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream 2022

fart town usa

Gold Member
My ranking might surprise some people,

1>3>MTV season 1 & 2>4>2>5.

I just love the dynamic between the Stab actors and the Scream characters in 3. I don't think the movie is brilliant but I've always had fun watching it.

I also don't get why the MTV series is looked down on. I never watched Season 3 but Seasons 1 & 2 are just pure style teen trash TV with awesome kills. The writing feels like Scream too. Nothing mind blowing but just a fun horror show to watch.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
For me its 1 > 4 > 5 = 2 > 3

I never did watch the MTV series as I only ever heard bad things (namely that it is just a generic slasher show with little that makes Scream what it is, aside from the costume).

They are all great fun though. One of the few Horror movie franchies wehre I don't think there is a genuinely terrible film. Some are definitely weaker than others, some I don't care for as much, but can't say any are actively awful.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I never did watch the MTV series as I only ever heard bad things (namely that it is just a generic slasher show with little that makes Scream what it is, aside from the costume).

They are all great fun though. One of the few Horror movie franchies wehre I don't think there is a genuinely terrible film. Some are definitely weaker than others, some I don't care for as much, but can't say any are actively awful.
I actually really liked the first season of the show. I don't think the the finale is best but satisfying.

Season 2 ups the kills but I don't think its as clever

The mini thing they did after is terrible and season 3 is a stand alone. Mediocre at best.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
My ranking might surprise some people,

1>3>MTV season 1 & 2>4>2>5.

I just love the dynamic between the Stab actors and the Scream characters in 3. I don't think the movie is brilliant but I've always had fun watching it.

I also don't get why the MTV series is looked down on. I never watched Season 3 but Seasons 1 & 2 are just pure style teen trash TV with awesome kills. The writing feels like Scream too. Nothing mind blowing but just a fun horror show to watch.

I understand the issues people have with three but I like the vibe all around better than 2. The college setting for some reason just isn't as fun as the locations in 3.

I also found the killers to be less fun in 2 even with 3s spotty logic that's a bit of a stretch even for scream.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member

If Season 1 & 2 are still on Netflix I highly recommend checking it out.

It's generic in that it's trying to be a Scream TV show with good looking teenagers but I thought the mystery aspect was good and it seriously has some great kills.

Honestly, I could see the toxic fan meta thing in Scream 5 being applied to how people treat the MTV series, season 1 & 2 at least. There really isn't anything about it that I thought was awful. Just a fun popcorn type slasher mystery. I went into it thinking it would be trash but I 100% got sucked in.

belmarduk

Definitely an 8/10. Fans of the genre will enjoy it. Some very funny kills… and one sad one but still it was a good kill.

Rockondevil

It was a fine slasher flick. Only thing I didn’t enjoy was picking the baddie so easily.

Not sure what people expect from this kind of movie, but I got what I expected.

I’d rewatch it someday, so that’s something.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The TV series?
That was horrible trash 😂
Maybe it was the filler that put me off.
But I just couldn't get into it
Personally
1>2>4>>3
None were bad, some were just better and each have their own standout moments

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's funny I enjoyed scream the tv series.
Scared Movie GIF

Alcibiades

Having little memory of the first one other than there were two killers, I went to see this (I don't remember if I've seen part 2, but I know I haven't seen part 3 or 4).

I really enjoyed this film. So much so that I went to see it again in 4DX (moving seats, effects, etc...). The first third of the movie I kept thinking how much better this pulled off the meta narrative than did Matrix Resurrections. The movies are incredibly similar in this manner, but there was a line early on that basically tells the main character that they are the main character in a movie and laughed the hell out of that moment. While I didn't think it was a masterpiece or anything, I felt it was a fun movie that kept me guessing as to the killer. It was also fun seeing it a second time having knowledge about the killer.

I didn't think it was "woke" at all and in fact they could have gone much further in natural way. Like, it's 2021, and the only LGBT moment is a seconds-long kissing involving an secondary character and extra? Not that a movie needs LGBT moments but in the past year of major movies I can only remember Eternals having a strong theme on this front.

The only complain I have is that now I want to go back and watch the first four movies but I imagine quite a bit has been spoiled by the movie, but oh well I'll still go back and see it. Oh and the credits music was this fun little song "Fall out of Love" that sounds like it's from the late 90's post-grunge era - in fact I thought it was from the period until I went to look it up. Fit the movie credits nicely.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Watched this over the weekend, actually really enjoyed it for what it was. The meta stuff was arguably a little too on the nose but that's what Scream was in the first place.

It did its job of painting everyone as a suspect perfectly, to the point where you constantly question whether having a "meaningful" killer is more or less interesting than it being just "one of the cast". Performances were good, looked up the writers and directors afterwards because I couldn't remember and wasn't surprised to see their recent horror experience. Just solid as hell all-round for me. Did what The Matrix 4 tried to do in its opening act far better and actually built a real movie in at the same time.

The original will always be the best, but this was easily better than 3 and 4.

Personally I'd slot this as my favourite after the first movie, and I was not expecting that at all. I enjoyed it more than Scream 2 surprisingly.

Just a really fun time overall.

Watched this on Friday and it wasn't as original or scary as I was hoping it to be. I must be bitter about paying full price for a month old 6/10 movie.

Mato

It was pretty good actually. The comments in here made it out to be some massive turd, which it wasn't. I'm even planning to watch it again and I almost never feel like re-watching films these days.

Top Bottom