• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves Adds User-Generated Quests

ManaByte

Season 5 of Sea of Thieves launches tomorrow, and the big addition is user generated quests:

You can bury treasure on an island, which generates a map. You can keep these maps on your ship (and they can be stolen by another crew), give them to another player, or post them to a new quest board. If another player completes the quest you completed; you get the same amount of reward you would've if you turned in the treasure yourself plus a bunch of renown.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone in real life or online that plays this game
wow GIF

MarkyG

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone in real life or online that plays this game
Me and the lads have, several times. It's a nice surprise when it happens. Once had a Pirate Legend crew gave us some goodies. They were really pleasant too. Most of the time, people just want to kill and loot. Or just kill, sink your ship and leave the loot behind. :|

That's really cool. I kinda wanna put a crew together and guard the treasure to make a sort of ambush boss battle at the end of their treasure find.

neat!

edit: Fallout 76 is getting some of these things as well, ie mass looting, enemy dropping context ammo. I guess there is someone at MS that is "pushing" for these qol updates. good for them

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Just solo killed a Megalodon and it was awesome.

Megalodon.jpg
As someone who haven't played the game a lot...
If it was solo, then how come there's a character to your right? Unless it's seen as third person.

Top Bottom