• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Wave of December Xbox Game Pass Games Announced

reksveks

Can anyone find the PC sku of Firewatch on the MS store ? Can only see the console one. I suspect sadly it won't have playanywhere.

Drewpee

Banned
FGkswiJX0AA2iFo

Glad to see more family/kid games added to the service. My 5 and 7 year old daughters are turning into huge gamers but I try to be careful about what they play. Just bought them a Series S for Christmas so this is perfect timing.

It's almost like they know what they are doing over there in Xbox land.

GHG

Gold Member
My apologies I meant more storywise. As a fighting game I expect to just pick up what they teach me like any other game. Continuity in story just concerns me since I know MK and Injustice games have a storyline that they try with and make entertaining

Ah understood. It's been a long while since I played the story mode but from what I can remember there is a short recap when you start a new game.

Last edited:
Well shit. They got nothing unless we get a surprise. Microsoft got Willy Wonka type money so anything can happen.
Lightning Returns will come out around then. That's about it off the top of my head lol.

The recent Nobody Saves the World demo said it's day one Gamepass. Early 2022. By the way that game is insanely addicting.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
LOL, way to throw Arkane under the bus. Deathloop seems to be their only bomb I'm aware of. Dishonored got a sequel and it sounds like Prey is getting another sequel. And Redfall has the potential to be their biggest IP yet. So no need to worry about Arkane!
Maybe look at past arkane games first.
Most of them were unable to sell alot. Even prey 2017 didn't sell very well.
(While the Prey reboot was generally well-received and even nominated for various Game of The Year awards, it didn't sell very well compared to Arkane's previous work. The game had a poor launch and relatively low sales numbers that did not reflect its positive scores, a stark contrast to the 2006 Prey.Oct 20, 2020)

If MS haven't bought Zenimax's, zenimax would have closed them in the future.

A game can be a hit, but the decider is the sales. Sales are what determines if a game can have a sequel or not. Or even be successful in term of sales.

Dr Bass

I was thinking of buying Lodoss for Switch, but now with my XSX set to show up soonish ... do I wait? Does it look or perform better on XSX?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Crew511A

I now have no reason to not play Firewatch. I also plan to play Lake - I honestly thought it was already on Gamepass.
Is the Transformers game any good?

My understanding is that it's basically a mobile game, and not a particularly good one. That being said, I'm a huge G1 fan, and it's free.

Schmick

What does cloud mean? Cloud, console and PC?

i would assume everything is cloud isn’t it?
Cloud refers to Xbox's Streaming service whereby you can play select games from the Gamepass library via the Cloud. Also referred as xCloud.

XCloud is only available to Gamepass Ultimate subscribers.

With xCloud it is possible to play Gamepass games on a multitude of devices;

Android Phones
iPhone
PC
Macbooks
Xbox consoles

Microsoft have also spoke about providing a FireStick to plug into a TV which allow access to xCloud. We don't know when that will happen.

To play xCloud you need a Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth or a cable to any of devices list above.

It's worth noting that on phones there are a few games that provide the option of Touch Screen controls where you control a game simply by touching your phones screen. No need for a controller. Works really well for games like Football Manager or Two Point Hospital. Even works well with Minecraft Dungeons.

I was thinking of buying Lodoss for Switch, but now with my XSX set to show up soonish ... do I wait? Does it look or perform better on XSX?
Aren't all Game pass games sold at a discount? Unless the switch version is significantly cheaper than the XSX version I'd just purchase it once it's on Game pass. I plan to do just that.

Reactions: Isa
Cloud refers to Xbox's Streaming service whereby you can play select games from the Gamepass library via the Cloud. Also referred as xCloud.

XCloud is only available to Gamepass Ultimate subscribers.

With xCloud it is possible to play Gamepass games on a multitude of devices;

Android Phones
iPhone
PC
Macbooks
Xbox consoles

Microsoft have also spoke about providing a FireStick to plug into a TV which allow access to xCloud. We don't know when that will happen.

To play xCloud you need a Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth or a cable to any of devices list above.

It's worth noting that on phones there are a few games that provide the option of Touch Screen controls where you control a game simply by touching your phones screen. No need for a controller. Works really well for games like Football Manager or Two Point Hospital. Even works well with Minecraft Dungeons.
So if a game says cloud but doesn’t say console?

bender

What time is it?
Maybe it was the terrible launch on PS4, but I hate Firewatch. I was really excited for the game and slogged my way through the abysmal performance to reach a wholly unsatisfying conclusion. Its' best moments offer some mystery and intrigue but more often than not, it comes off as dull.

reksveks

Seems like firewatch got upgraded to a kind of form of playanywhere but not sure if it has cross platform saves but the MS store has one sku that covers all platforms now.

SSfox

Everytime when I see Gamepass lists the more it's def not for me. But if others are finding fun and enjoying then that's awesome. Everyone finding it's own cup of tea is what matters.

Schmick

Everytime when I see Gamepass lists the more it's def not for me. But if others are finding fun and enjoying then that's awesome. Everyone finding it's own cup of tea is what matters.
And this is why I don't understand why people get so offended by GP or even say they hate it. Whats to hate?! Its an option. Traditional purchasing of games isn't going anywhere.

SSfox

And this is why I don't understand why people get so offended by GP or even say they hate it. Whats to hate?! Its an option. Traditional purchasing of games isn't going anywhere.
I think people (in their rights) were worried it would replace purchase options, just like people were worry about digital replacing physics. Maybe it's MS communication that make it feel so? not sure tho I don't follow every MS Pr interview but if thats the case MS need to improve their communication.

reksveks

I think people (in their rights) were worried it would replace purchase options, just like people were worry about digital replacing physics. Maybe it's MS communication that make it feel so? not sure tho I don't follow every MS Pr interview but if thats the case MS need to improve their communication.

I suspect that PR won't be read by some people, he has said the following and something else similar before regarding purchases.

Have you seen the shit they play in Roblox?
Kids aren’t the world’s biggest critics 😂
Yes. I have three boys. Roblox is the biggest mystery of the child's brain. I refuse to believe that if I had been born later, that I would have found it to be a quality game.

My kids would literally spend every penny they get on Robucks, if we let them.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh man ....

The Gunk, Broken Age, Lake, Firewatch, MK fucking 11, Aliens Fireteam all this just days after Halo: Infinite.

200.gif

Game Pass subscribers eating good this month.

Top Bottom