• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Wave of Xbox Game Pass Games for November Announced

JLB

Banned
im giving we happy few a try. Kinda of okish gameplay though story and characters are interrsting.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Just a heads-up for Mortal shell boys and girls (Xbox series - same problems on PS5 though) :
The game is fooked when it comes to bugs.
- Pressing start/A on the starting screen not working sometimes which forces you to quit the game and re-launch it.
- Random crashes to dashboard
- Random freezes forcing you - again - to re-launch the game.
- Lute/guitar sound gets borked resulting in...no sound coming out of them,
- Enemies popping in a couple of metres in front of you (this got worse by the latest patch apparently).
- Getting stuck in geometry
- The G'damn Rotting Christ DLC is STILL broken and doesn't work months after release (again, due to the latest patch).It may sound stupid but i mostly bought the game because of said DLC and i still haven't been able to experience it.
- Various weapon bugs judging by reddit.
- Various bugs during the new rogue-like mode DLC

Yes, it's a good souls-clone (one of the best in fact) but...there's just way too many bugs, i get that it was made by a very small team but...bugs are bugs and they haven't done/fixed anything in months.
It's also pretty short, there's a level (Obsidian caves one) which is the largest "dungeon"/area of the game and that alone is about 6-7 hours of gameplay but the rest of them are about 1 hour long.

If you like the souls series give it a try, the atmosphere is pretty good and the combat even better - the hardening mechanic is pretty sweet and a nice twist/addition to the tried souls combat.

Cheers

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Digitize my body because there's more games than I can play!

e5d31dfcb3b77c2aabb8aed25dc97801.gif

Reactions: Isa
Mortal Shell is shit. Slow and incredibly unresponsive combat. Got about 5 min in and my character glitches and can't walk anymore. Had to reset.

Shitttttttttttttt.

Gonna keep playing a bit more though. Really glad I didn't buy this.

Top Bottom