• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Puyo Puyo 2 launch February 20 in the west

Mista

Banned
Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sega Ages Puyo Puyo 2 will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on Feburary 20 in the west for $7.99 each, Sega announced.

Here is an overview of each game, via Sega:
Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sega-Ages_02-06-20_001.jpg

For so many, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the reason players spin-dashed their way to the local game store to pick up a Genesis. Aside from the return of the competitive two-player mode, newly-added features include the “drop dash” (introduced in Sonic Mania) that lets players spin dash in mid-air to quickly gain speed; Super Sonic Mode, which lets you play as the overpowered hedgehog right from the start; a Time Trial mode with online rankings; and perhaps most exciting of all, Knuckles the Echidna! Yes, you won’t need to bust out your copy of Sonic & Knuckles to play as the grape-loving knucklehead.

Hailed as one of the most successful games for the Genesis (Mega Drive), Sonic The Hedgehog 2 garnered critical acclaim swiftly after its 1992 release. Follow Sonic and Tails (in his series debut!) as they team up against the nefarious Dr. Eggman in order to save the Chaos Emeralds from the clutches of evil.

Sega Ages Puyo Puyo 2

Sega-Ages_02-06-20_002.jpg

After 25 long years, Puyo Puyo 2 will finally receive an official English localization for western fans! This release of the arcade version goes above and beyond expectations. Sega Ages Puyo Puyo 2 adds two-player online battles, online rankings, a quick rewind function, and a much-requested colorblind mode. This fan-favorite entry is now more accessible than ever before.

Puyo Puyo 2 (also known as Puyo Puyo Tsu) is considered one of the biggest arcade games of all time in Japan. This sequel introduced an improved ruleset along with the ability to offset Garbage Puyo sent by your opponent by creating Puyo chains of your own. Swap between Single Puyo Puyo, Double Puyo Puyo, and Endless Puyo Puyo game modes for even more Puyo fun in this classic puzzle experience.
Gematsu

NAI1210

I know there is people that will be excited for these, but not for me, I would really like to see power drift, enduro racer and turbo out run come out via Sega ages

theclaw135

Banned
Fairly good. They're shaping up to be improved over the 3DS.

I know there is people that will be excited for these, but not for me, I would really like to see power drift, enduro racer and turbo out run come out via Sega ages

can i dream? an arcade faithful f-zero ax home port.

Last edited:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2's my favorite Sonic game, and you cannot go wrong with Puyo Puyo I think. But I'd rather see SEGA revive one of their many titles that got lost through time. Or at least one that hasn't got any recent conversions, like SEGA Rally for example.

Soodanim

It's nice that they are adding things from newer games to 2. But at this point, shouldn't it really have options for a bit more? Mania had options for more double jump actions, not to mention the Knuckles options. Given that it's all just Retro Engine ports now, that shouldn't be too much of an ask if they want people to rebuy again.

theclaw135

Banned
It's nice that they are adding things from newer games to 2. But at this point, shouldn't it really have options for a bit more? Mania had options for more double jump actions, not to mention the Knuckles options. Given that it's all just Retro Engine ports now, that shouldn't be too much of an ask if they want people to rebuy again.

A lot of the "problem" is lack of cooperation between Sega's teams. Pretty sure Sega Ages is entirely unconnected to the Stealth/Taxman games.

Kokoloko85

Im waiting for the saturn and dreamcast games. We have have Genisis collection and a million copies on sonic 2

ksdixon

Does this version of sonic 2 have Hidden Palace Zone back in it, or is that still exclusive to the iOS port by Christian Whitehead?

Jacknapes

I'll probably pick this up, always have enjoyed Sonic 2.

Probably bought it a good few times over the years.

Top Bottom