• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Genesis Mini 2 Review - This thing is awesome! | MVG

jaysius

Banned
$99 USD for not the best selection of ROMS with ONE CONTROLLER... I think there's a reason they didn't do a big production of this one, they knew it would go to the bargain bin faster than the first one.

Sojiro

Looking forward to mine coming in. I like how they went a bit deeper in the library for the games they used this time, although its probably more so to distinguish itself from the first one they released. I wish the Sega CD games they included were a bit better, shit like Sewer Shark and Night Trap are a waste of space that could have been filled with much better games (although I admit, they were fairly iconic for the system when it first released). As with all the other mini consoles, I am sure it won't be long before you can add whatever you want to it, so i'll be able to fill in what I would have wanted on it.

YCoCg

I have to admire that M2 went as far to add a Mega Drive v1 and Mega Drive v2 sound option to emulate each chipset, that's near OCD levels of options.

ZoukGalaxy

From the video "This is not another cashgrab"
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN
Sure Jan GIF

Going from 60€ with 2 controllers (it was 80€ at launch to be fair) to 110€ with only 1 controller and exclusive to Amazon where I live is not another cashgrab ?

Try someone else.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I missed out on the little pretend CD attachment and that really killed my desire to get this.

f1f4cc71-27b2-46a4-979d-5de1fef96a12-img-con04-01.png

Really should have been sold all together since they are targeting more hardcore fans this go around, shame

Soltype

I missed out on the little pretend CD attachment and that really killed my desire to get this.

f1f4cc71-27b2-46a4-979d-5de1fef96a12-img-con04-01.png

Really should have been sold all together since they are targeting more hardcore fans this go around, shame
is this japan only?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Sega Genesis Mini 2 is a great collection of 61 games, including some rarities and never-before-seen ports and updates. However, a dull controller and a UI a little too similar to the original brings down an otherwise delightful trip down memory lane.

Top Bottom