• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Plans to Release 12 Non-Mobile Games This Fiscal Year

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

For the current fiscal year, starting after March 2023 and lasting until the end of March 2024, Sega plans to expand its efforts to have global simultaneous multiplatform launches. It states that the plan includes 12 non-mobile-related games, which include games like the upcoming Sonic Origins Plus, Like a Dragon Gaiden spin-off, Endless Dungeon, and more. While there are also a number of games that have yet to be announced, the company expects to sell 12 million units combined (the English version of the article has a typo that lists 1.2 million units, with the Japanese version containing the correct figure).

The company also lists a number of games that will be re-releases of older games that will sell about 5 million units combined. This includes the remaster of Samba De Amigo, the Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection, and the aforementioned Sonic Origins Plus package. Sega also states it will support live-service and other AAA games that were released in the past year, such as Football Manager 2022 and Persona 5 Royal's remaster.

According to Sega, the company has been planning to transition its IPs into being more global, with this strategy reportedly moving into the next stage. The company also discusses the acquisition of Finnish studio Rovio, which Sega hopes to work with the developer in shifting mobile game priorities. More specifically, it plans on using Rovio's knowledge in mobile gaming to bring both new and old titles to the format.

sega-12-new-games-fiscal-2023-24.jpg
sega-12-new-games-fiscal-2023-24-plan.jpg
sega-12-new-games-fiscal-2023-24-plan-rereleases.jpg

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Ok. Good that it is a typo. I went straight to the images and was like wtf? More games way less sales. What clown let that out? It's a major number.

Woopah

Sonic and PS5R did really really well. Good to see Sega committing to multiplatform development going forward.

So far their announced games for the next fiscal year are:
  • Company of Heroes 3 Console
  • Endless Dungeon
  • Sonic Origins Plus
  • Etrian Odyssey Origins
  • Samba de Amigo
  • Hyenas
  • Like a Dragon Gaiden

So there's still 5 unannounced titles. Runoured/possible ones are:

Project RE Fantasy
SMT 3-5 remasters
Persona 3 Portable
Jet Set Radio reboot???
Crazy Taxi Reboot???

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Sonic and PS5R did really really well. Good to see Sega committing to multiplatform development going forward.

So far their announced games for the next fiscal year are:
  • Company of Heroes 3 Console
  • Endless Dungeon
  • Sonic Origins Plus
  • Etrian Odyssey Origins
  • Samba de Amigo
  • Hyenas
  • Like a Dragon Gaiden

So there's still 5 unannounced titles. Runoured/possible ones are:

Project RE Fantasy
SMT 3-5 remasters
Persona 3 Portable
Jet Set Radio reboot???
Crazy Taxi Reboot???

Didnt JSR get kinda confirmed.
Its all I want

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
So 12 more yakusa games then…
Nagoshi left Sega, pawl...
The bew head of Sega Asia Studios is focusing on Dreamcast IPs.(Samba de Amigo, Cosmic Smash, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi...)

Last edited:

begotten

I don't give a shit about their games but it's nice to see SEGA having a resurgence and doing well. Hopefully it ends up well for these upcoming releases.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

It's CRAZY how Sega has had a comeback. I know with their acquisition of Atlus, they've been putting out banger after banger. I'm honestly hoping for Jet Set Radio reboot/remake/re-SOMETHING. I'm wondering if we can get a port of the Hokuto no Ken fighting game. That'd be a surprise.

I'm sure a Skies of Arcadia remaster is in the works somewhere, though I've not really played it myself.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
remake Sonic 64

also

please release this game again Sega has ignored Sonic triple trouble for too long

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
F-zero GX switch version do it.

I’m unable to look at site mentioned how many of those games are switch ?

Woopah

F-zero GX switch version do it.

I’m unable to look at site mentioned how many of those games are switch ?
Of the 5 games announced so far, 4 are coming to Switch:
  • Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection
  • Sonic Origins Plus
  • Endless Dungeon
  • Samba Di Amiga: Party Central
The only that isn't is Like A Drgaon Gaiden, as the stuido behind it has some very weird ideas about Switch.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Of the 5 games announced so far, 4 are coming to Switch:
  • Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection
  • Sonic Origins Plus
  • Endless Dungeon
  • Samba Di Amiga: Party Central
The only that isn't is Like A Drgaon Gaiden, as the stuido behind it has some very weird ideas about Switch.
Yakuza would sell loads on switch. Guess they don’t easy money

Top Bottom