• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega to announce new mystery game next week

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://twinfinite.net/2022/05/sega-new-project-announcement/

Sega revealed today that it will announce a new project with an official livestream next week.

The livestream will happen at 8:00 pm Japan time on June 3, which translates into 7:00 am EDT, 4:00 am PDT, non BST, and 1:00 pm CEST.

At the moment, the nature of the game has not been disclosed, but it will be presented by two Sega veterans. Hiroyuki Miyazaki, and Yosuke Okunari.

Interestingly, the announcement was made with what appears to be the image representing a chocolate-covered Sega Genesis controller

Saber

Gold Member
Could be tied with emulation of Genesis games?
I dunno, they never did good jobs at that department.

Last edited:
desmaio-desmaiando.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Keep in mind that it may not be a game. They call it a "Project" and the two developers involved were both at the helm of the Sega Genesis Mini (project lead and content lead).

That being said, it's likely a good idea to keep expectations reasonable, because for now Sega west is quiet, so it may be something limited.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
Man what I would give for.... ah nevermind. So much potential, so many ways to make fans happy. But no, let it go dude.
*Still hopes for a cool announcement anyway*

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
As always, Sega has an awesome library of legacy games. But they stick to Sonic, Yakuza, Total Rome and maybe a handful of other games.

They could transform this into a modern day 3D action or Dark Souls game . Have only had 30 years to do it.

Chakan_Coverart.png
I fucking LOVE Chakan!!

It was a hard game, but so rewarding. It had a very unique vibe to it. It's "darker" than Dark Souls IMO.

V4skunk

Banned
Source: https://twinfinite.net/2022/05/sega-new-project-announcement/

Sega revealed today that it will announce a new project with an official livestream next week.

The livestream will happen at 8:00 pm Japan time on June 3, which translates into 7:00 am EDT, 4:00 am PDT, non BST, and 1:00 pm CEST.

At the moment, the nature of the game has not been disclosed, but it will be presented by two Sega veterans. Hiroyuki Miyazaki, and Yosuke Okunari.

Interestingly, the announcement was made with what appears to be the image representing a chocolate-covered Sega Genesis controller

It's something to do with Megadrive/Genesis.
I think the cake controller is a hint.

V4skunk

Banned
A modern day remake of this would be good. Too ambitious for it's own good back then at 5 megs. It needed to be 8 or more to be fleshed out better.

Sword_of_Vermilion.jpg
Never played it. But it'll probably be a remake of some game or virtual console to play all the old games.

Top Bottom