• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Wants to Continue Sonic Adventure Series

Knightime_X

Remake Sonic adventure 1 using frontier's engine and possibly fix a few flaws.
Use that as the foundation for the next sonic adventure game.

Delete sonic adv 2

april6e

Dear god, please! I have been waiting for this moment for almost two decades.

Give us Sonic Adventure 3 in a similar style to SA2.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I'm not a Sonic fan, but wasn't Sonic Frontiers well received and a pretty good game? Why move away from that template?

BabyYoda

Banned
I just want a fully open world Sonic game with zones based on the ones from the first few Mega Drive games (or inspired by them at least), is that so hard? Also use an engine that isn't garbage, thanks. By all means have bonus stages that are more linear though if you must. Lastly give it a proper budget next time please (I know Sega are skint, but time to take an actual risk).

Comandr

Remake Sonic adventure 1 using frontier's engine and possibly fix a few flaws.
Use that as the foundation for the next sonic adventure game.

Delete sonic adv 2
This guy gets it. SA2 sucks. They like leaned into the weird mocap and jerky animations. The facial animations. Jesus. At least SA1 DC sort of had like a cartoony extremism that was sort of charming. The level design is also far inferior. Emerald Coast, Windy Valley, Speed Highway, Egg Carrier? All extremely memorable levels. I don't remember one fuckin level from SA2 except for White Jungle. Live and Learn is legit though.

While sure, the overworld was mostly empty and uninteresting, it was still fun to explore and find chao eggs.

SA1Remake with a Chao raising companion app or website. Go.

Top Bottom